This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

music

edited August 2008 in Everything Else
Hello everyone, I'm not really sure weather or not "music" would be considered as a geekery (geekerie, geekrie, geekry how every the fuck you want to spell it) but im going to put this up anyway. So the question i submit to you is, whats your favorite genre of music, and some of your favorite artists. For me i would have to say it is classic rock (or the vinyl age). And some of my favorite artists are Led zeppelin, Van Halen, Billy Idol, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pink floyd, Iron Maiden, and Guns N' Roses (to name a few.)

Comments

• I'm sure that there has already been a thread on this topic.
  • There's a thread on Metal but not on music in general.
  • Not sure what my favorite genre is. I listen to a lot of rock, jrock, and techno...and whatever offshoots those 3 genres have.
    Favorite bands from each would be...
    Rock: Pink Floyd, Skynyrd, Zeppelin, Alice in Chains, Arctic Monkeys, Beck, Coheed, Motion City Soundtrack, Muse, Rage Against the Machine, Wolfmother, bunch of others
    Jrock: L'arc-en-ciel, Asian Kung Fu Generaion, X Japan, Maximum the Hormone, Des-Row, some others...
    Techno: Basshunter, Kyle Ward, DM Ashura. Mainly whatever sounds good. Preferably stuff without lyrics, but I don't restrict myself to that only.
    Thread: "Your favorite Music!"
    Well, I'm not on the forum 24/7.
  • edited August 2008
    There's a thread on Metal but not on music in general.
    ^^ I only remembered since I started that thread. ^_~

Edit: You even contributed to that thread!
    Post edited by kiwi_bird on
    ^^ I only remembered since I started that thread. ^_~

Edit: You even contributed to that thread!
    Proves how amazing my memory is. ^_~
  • eally sure weather or not "music" would be considered as a geekery (geekerie, geekrie, geekry how every the fuck you want to spell it) but im going to put this up anyway. So the question i submit to you is, whats your favorite genre of music, and some of your fa
    lol
  • My favorite genre of music is Cowboy Bebop.
  • edited August 2008
    To get this thread on track, here's what I'm listening to these days.

Torche - Meanderthal
    The catchiest doom/stoner/sludge music I've ever listened to. Never thought I'd use the word "catchy" to describe this kind of music.

Hellogoodbye - Hellogoodbye EP
    I hadn't listened to them in years, it's one of the bands I would definitely say I outgrew, but I forgot how much they shred on this one EP. The rest of their music is emo garbage, but I really like these few songs.

The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America
    It's unfortunate, but not surprising, that The Hold Steady wasn't able to top this album with Stay Positive. No problem, I'm content with Boys and Girls until the next release.

Post edited by Sail on
  • edited August 2008
    The only new albums I've been listening to are:

Deerhunter: Cryptograms
    Experimental, shoegaze music. I prefer Fluorescent Grey, but this is still really good.

The Field: From Here We Go Sublime
    Vaguely danceable minimalist electronica.

Other than that, I've been revisiting some of my favorites:

Lou Reed: Transformer
    Lou Reed is perhaps my favorite songwriter of all time. Really funny and really catchy.

Panda Bear: Person Pitch
    Love.

Pavement: Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
    Not nearly as good as Slanted & Enchanted, but it has it's moments.

The Unicorns: Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?
    Lo-fi greatness. One of my first "indie" albums and still one of my favorites.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • edited August 2008
    (delete)
    Post edited by Mr. Eric on