This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Death Note: Review

JenJen
edited August 2008 in Anime
Here's my short synopsis of this anime: L dies in the middle of the series then Light Yagami dies at the end, but not before Mello dies.

Death Note does have a few nice plot twists as mentioned above, and keeps you in suspense mostly to the very end (when Light is ironically killed by Ryuk when he writes Light's name in his death note).

Pluses: This series does not contain any tentacle rape. Although there is violence through out the series, mostly criminals that sinned against God are punished which is acceptable to me. Animation quality is well done.

Minuses: English dub was fair. Promotion of poor eating habits – too much chocolate and sweets shown with no balanced meals.

Overall, a good psychological cat and mouse thriller. I would recommend this anime, and I would say this anime series is on par with Naruto and the movie Odin: Photon Space Sailer Starlight.

**** WARNING! THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS ****

Comments

• edited August 2008
    I laughed a bunch. Thank you!
    Odin: Photon Space Sailer Starlight.
    Daryl?
    Post edited by whatever on
  • Promotion of poor eating habits – too much chocolate and sweets shown with no balanced meals.
    Ryuk does manage to eat quite a lot of apples, though. I'd say the show's view on nutrition is quite balanced.
  • Ryuk does manage to eat quite a lot of apples, though. I'd say the show's view on nutrition is quite balanced.
    No protein, man.
  • No protein, man.
    The vegetarian lifestyle has many alternatives to conventional methods of consuming proteins. How do you know Light isn't scarfing down legumes in between scenes?
  • I knew it Jen, you wonderful little closet anime fan you! You're making tentative steps into joining our happy little family. You're a little odd, but we still like you - because people would be boring without quirks. Do you have any further views on the Series? I'm terribly interested.
  • I knew it Jen, you wonderful little closet anime fan you! You're making tentative steps into joining our happy little family. You're a little odd, but we still like you - because people would be boring without quirks. Do you have any further views on the Series? I'm terribly interested.
    Too many homosexual undertones.
  • edited August 2008
    I knew it Jen, you wonderful little closet anime fan you!
    I don't think so, Tim.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Jen (Daryl? Anonymous AWO fan?), I think I need to have your troll babies.
    Too many homosexual undertones.
    Err, yeah, that was a failingly camp, wasn't it?
  • Here's my short synopsis of this anime: L dies in the middle of the series then Light Yagami dies at the end, but not before Mello dies.

Death Note does have a few nice plot twists as mentioned above, and keeps you in suspense mostly to the very end (when Light is ironically killed by Ryuk when he writes Light's name in his death note).

Pluses: This series does not contain any tentacle rape. Although there is violence through out the series, mostly criminals that sinned against God are punished which is acceptable to me. Animation quality is well done.

Minuses: English dub was fair. Promotion of poor eating habits – too much chocolate and sweets shown with no balanced meals.

Overall, a good psychological cat and mouse thriller. I would recommend this anime, and I would say this anime series is on par with Naruto and the movie Odin: Photon Space Sailer Starlight.

**** WARNING! THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS ****
    You're not funny.
  • On a related note...

Cartoon Network was running this show at 12:30AM on Sundays (I recorded the first three on my DVR) but now it is gone. Were they only planning on airing the first three?
  • **** WARNING! THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS ****
    If you're going to spoil a show, try one less people will have watched.
    This would better if coming from someone who hasn't been posting this all day.
  • **** WARNING! THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS ****
    If you're going to spoil a show, try one less people will have watched.
    Or a show that hasn't been spoiled everywhere on the entire internet already.
  • I think you overplayed your hand a bit with the Odin comment. You tried to do to much with it. Otherwise good, though.
  • Har Har, nyuk nyuk.
  • Har Har, nyuk nyuk.
    Shaddup, Ya knucklehead