This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Windows LiveCD

edited August 2008 in Technology
I duel-boot Windows XP and Ubuntu, and I love the Ubuntu LiveCD, I was wondering if anyone knows if a Windows XP LiveCD exist, and if so, where to find it. I found BartPE, but it seems difficult to use, and not quite the entire XP OS. I don't care if I have to form this myself, or find a pre-made downloadable ISO.

Comments

• There is no such thing.
  • edited August 2008
    Duel-booting is a dangerous endeavor. [Sorry, in-joke.]
    If you had tried Google there are ways on how to do so. A Windows LiveCD would be kind of useless as Windows comes with little in terms of included software so unless you manage to include your own you're going to have to install each piece as it comes.
    Also, torrents but if anyone asks, it was Viga who told you..
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited August 2008
    I duel-boot Windows XP and Ubuntu
    Duel-booting is a dangerous endeavor.
    Indeed. You may get harmed in the process.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Dual booting is trivially easy and not dangerous at all. It's very simple. Get a computer. Install Windows. The install Linux. It's that simple. People only run into trouble if they try to do something funky.

For example, if you have a Windows install that you have been using for a long time, and the partition takes up your entire hard disk, don't dual boot unless you add another hard drive. Attempting to shrink the Windows partition is asking for trouble.

Also, people try to install Linux first, then Windows. Don't do that either. the Windows install is a bitch, and will destroy your MBR and pretend Linux doesn't exist.