This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Acen '08 Video

edited August 2008 in Everything Else
Hey all. I'm not very active in the forums. I just kind of peruse the place from time to time.

All the enthusiastic podcast episodes on conventions got me to finally join my brother and his friends in going to Anime Central this past May. They'd been going for the past six or seven years or so, yet I'd never gone to one (despite me arguably being an bigger fan of anime/manga). I brought the ol' camera along and this is what I ended up with. I posted these at the tail end of the "Waiting In Line" thread, but methinks no one saw them. Or, people did and thought they sucked, in which case... /wrist.

Anyway, yeah... This kind of sums up my experience. There were lots of ups and downs but overall a very good time.

PVWhi-Kocu0
JtvfsuSS1dQ

Comments

• That's weird, I went to ACEN when I lived in Indianapolis and the line was always about 2 hours long. Not terribly bad for a non-preregister line.

BTW Giordanno's does make an excellent pie.
  • I went to ACEN in '07 and '06, but couldn't go in '08, because it's the same weekend as mother's day.
  • I went to ACEN in '07 and '06, but couldn't go in '08, because it's the same weekend as mother's day.
    You're a better son than I.
    That's weird, I went to ACEN when I lived in Indianapolis and the line was always about 2 hours long. Not terribly bad for a non-preregister line.
    Yeah, my brother and his friends said it was normally about that long in line. This year there was apparently a malfunction in the badge printing machine but it took them a good seven hours to deliberate and decide to just hand-write them.