This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What would you do without me?

2»

Comments

• Or One Sin?
    Can't help ya there. I'm an untested hypothesis.
  • As am I. I could be HAL for all you know.
  • edited August 2008
    What does "on probation" mean, exactly? I mean really, if that person makes more grammar errors, will they actual get banned?
    Very few people have gotten banned, so I don't see the whole probation thing as being an effective solution.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • What does "on probation" mean, exactly? I mean really, if that person makes more grammar errors, will they actual get banned?
    Very few people have gotten banned, so I don't see the whole probation thing as being an effective solution.
    It's a signal for them to shape up.
  • What does "on probation" mean, exactly? I mean really, if that person makes more grammar errors, will they actual get banned?
    It's a signal for them to shape up.
    Public humiliation works wonders as a deterrent, you know.
  • edited August 2008
    Have you ever spoken to me? Have you ever seen me? What proof do you have that I exist? Or Viga? or Mrs. MacRoss? Or One Sin? Sure, there's GeekChat, but how do you know that isn't an extremely well done voice synthesizer? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Requesting proof on the Internet will usually rapidly devolve into a Matrix argument, or Descartes for the truly hardcore.
    That's not the point. Others post fairly regularly and I'm willing to believe that they actually exist. Mr. Period, however, will make a vague threat and then be active for a week or so and then we won't hear from him for months. Then he'll repeat the pattern, come on and make a vague threat, correct some punk kid's grammar once or twice, and then no activity at all for another few months. That's why I don't believe Mr. Period is real.
    As am I. I could be HAL for all you know.
    I was convinced for a long time that Steve was a 'bot.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • As am I. I could be HAL for all you know.
    If you really are HAL let me ask you two questions.

1: What are you incapable of?

2: Which person did you have the most trouble eliminating?
  • u is correction me spelling know looser LOL.
  • Why do people care about Mr. Period's identity?
    I don't care about his identity. I just don't think he exists. Has anyone actually seen Mr. Period? Has anyone actually spoken to Mr. Period? There is no evidence to support his existence (other than someone pretending to be him), and so therefore I don't believe in him.
    Would it really matter if he existed or not? He's a moderator. Even if he were a dog, he would still serve at the pleasure of Rym and Scott. And also, do you really think Rym and Scott would need to hide behind another account in order to keep the boards in order?
  • And also, do you really think Rym and Scott would need to hide behind another account in order to keep the boards in order?
    It is not a question of need, but of desire.
  • Who would be in a forum just to correct grammar?
  • Have you ever spoken to me? Have you ever seen me? What proof do you have that I exist? Or Viga? or Mrs. MacRoss? Or One Sin? Sure, there's GeekChat, but how do you know that isn't an extremely well done voice synthesizer? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Requesting proof on the Internet will usually rapidly devolve into a Matrix argument, or Descartes for the truly hardcore.
    That's not the point. Others post fairly regularly and I'm willing to believe that they actually exist. Mr. Period, however, will make a vague threat and then be active for a week or so and then we won't hear from him for months. Then he'll repeat the pattern, come on and make a vague threat, correct some punk kid's grammar once or twice, and then no activity at all for another few months. That's why I don't believe Mr. Period is real.
    Fair enough. I was just trying to be the troll. ^_^