This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

death penalty

I think the subject who takes the death penalty must choose how to die.

Comments

• like by a gunshot, suicide, injection, ect.
  • Anyone every seen the documentary "Mr. Death?" I was wondering if it was worth the rental. The guy that it focuses on is one weird dude.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192335/
  • I'd pick guillotine.
  • I'd pick 'heart attack while having lots of sex'.
    I mean, I'm not interested in sex, but if I had done something to warrant me being forced into the US, and to be tried under the US law system (Illegal by international laws, yet happens all the time...), then I might as well go out that way.
  • I think they discussed that idea in "The Meaning of Life". I'd have to say, I'd go with the suggested "Being chased off a cliff by naked cheerleaders".
  • Lol! [joking]Why would you run away from that?[/joking]
  • Old age.
  • *Rym wins*

This thread is pretty much not worth continuing after your answer!
  • They could be Professional cheerleaders like from a sports team.
  • I cast Rez.

The Ohio Supreme Court just ruled if favor of using the death penalty, and set an October execution date for one convicted murderer. That breaks a de facto moratorium on state executions that had been in place for a year. I am firmly against employing the death penalty, and I am sitting about 300 yards from an activist judge who has been challenging it.
  • edited July 2008
    Remember the Innocence Project?

Meanwhile, totally against the death penalty as I don't have much faith in the justice system as being fair and balanced in practice.
    Post edited by Your Mom on
  • Remember theInnocence Project?
    Thank you. I just quoted them in the story I'm writing.
  • I never understood the death penalty as the worst penalty to give to some one. I would think that isolation torture is far worse than death. To me, locking up someone in a room by themselves with no form of entertainment and giving them nothing but food to live on is much worse. I would go insane of boredom and wish I was dead in a few days. Do that to someone for the rest of their lives if they deserve it. This way would seem to bypass the ethic issues of the death penalty and still get the job done. Getting the death penalty may suck for the days leading up to it, but once you're dead it doesn't matter anymore.
  • edited July 2008
    isolation torture
    Do that to someone for the rest of their lives
    This way would seem to bypass the ethic issues of the death penalty
    Erm...

It is evident that there can be penalties worse than the death penalty. It's easier to think about if you think of death as "life-deprivation".
    However, anything worse than the death penalty will always have major ethical issues.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • However, anythingworsethan the death penalty willalwayshave major ethical issues.
    Worse than the ethical issues of the death penalty?
  • I am with Rym.