This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime on iTunes

This maybe old news, but It looks like Manga ent. has put quite a few shows on iTunes. Most episodes are $1.99 (not too bad) but I think that the there a little to late to the party, About 4 years late. I'm going to get a few shows here and there, like the the first 6 episodes of Gurren Lagann, Since I missed them on the Sci-fi channel. Overall though, If you don't mind waiting about a week for NetFlix, then this isn't a substitute for it. I'll check it out and keep you posted.

So, what are your thoughts and opinions?

Comments

• I don't like the idea of downloading anything from iTunes. Also, more love for non-Americans!
  • I bet they're dubbed.
  • Don't forget, there all sorts of awesome Tezuka anime on iTunes. It's the only thing on iTunes that I've ever seriously considered buying, because it's hard to get it anywhere else.
  • My thoughts- old news. I think I saw Phoenix on there around a year ago. If I'm wrong about that, I know as a fact that they put Desert Punk on there around a year ago.

Anyhow, I haven't downloaded them, and I likely will never download them. First, it's pricey. Second, it's (likely) dubbed. Third, I don't really care about many/any of the series on there. Fourth, DRM, DRM, DRM.
    I bet they're dubbed.
    I bet you're right.
  • I bet you're right.
    Oh, that is rough. But you know what? Tales of the Street Corner is $2 on there, and it has no speaking to be translated. It only has music and animation.
  • I bet they're dubbed.
    They are, but the dub done for all the Osamu Tezuka Production series are great specially Black Jack :D
  • If I download anything, I download it from Xbox Live. Having it on my TV hassle-free is so much nicer.
  • If I download anything, I download it from Xbox Live. Having it on my TV hassle-free is so much nicer.
    This is why we have an actual Mac mini connected to our TV instead of some Apple TV or XBox. We can watch anything, except of course for Netflix streaming, but we have the Roku. A Windows PC with Windows Media Center connect to your TV is actually a really awesome thing to have. It's doubly awesome if you can get the magical cable card support to work.
    Oh yea now that is the business right now! With the combination of Xbox live, and my laptop I have eliminated the need for cable ^.^ But I might have to investigate this cable card business. Hmmm. But soon the I-pod is coming, and once that is in oh man anime on I-tunes! I will finally get all the Tezuka I have been wanting to watch. -.- But even though a lot of the I-tunes store has dubbed anime you can subscribe to a season of a show for almost .99 an episode!!!!!! All of Ghost In the Shell on I-tunes right now for 50.99 if you buy the season! I mean hot shit how can you beat that!?!?!

aresef have you downloaded Godannar off Xbox live yet?
    Oh yea now that is the business right now! With the combination of Xbox live, and my laptop I have eliminated the need for cable ^.^ But I might have to investigate this cable card business. Hmmm. But soon the I-pod is coming, and once that is in oh man anime on I-tunes! I will finally get all the Tezuka I have been wanting to watch. -.- But even though a lot of the I-tunes store has dubbed anime you can subscribe to a season of a show for almost .99 an episode!!!!!! All of Ghost In the Shell on I-tunes right now for 50.99 if you buy the season! I mean hot shit how can you beat that!?!?!

aresef have you downloaded Godannar off Xbox live yet?
    I will say that Tezuka is so good that you are better off with the DVD. I buy everything that is Tezuka in iTunes but it is mostly to help Tezuka Productions.
  • I'm an iTunes user and new iPod owner (finally) but I have to admit that $1.99+tax USD per episode is meh. Still, I use the service only in moderation - meaning a show had better be got-damn worthwhile before I burn two dollars. I have tried Gurren Lagann (the first four episodes) and FINALLY Gunslinger Girl but the real draw for me was the offering of the Batman/Superman adventures. I remember racing home from school and running to my bedroom to watch Batman on Kids WB. Those were the days (starts singing Chicago's "Old Days" out of nostalgia)...
  • The Gurren Lagaan dvd is a better deal than the on in itunes :P
    Oh I know, and the English dubs will be out in November on Amazon. I'm using iTunes ONLY for the first four episodes. Like I said, a show had better be good if Apple and the North American anime distributors want two dollars per episode plus tax (and $50.31+tax for a "season pass" for TTGL? No thanks!).
  • Hurry Now! The First 2 episodes of Gurren Lagaan are free on iTunes as of the post.
    Oh I have no doubt about that at all! Al though I can imagine owning 3 versions of this show at the moment. (Xbox live, Itunes, and dvd.) The first 3 episodes alone have given me hours of joy that can not be measured! ^.^. And yes some season passes are more expensive than others sadly. -.- Though it is useful if you just want to check out a show. Yes that point has been made but if a point is good then you should beat it till it becomes a zombie horse!! You know what!!!! ::Looks over to a horse with an evil smile, and starts beating it mercilessly.::
  • In the issue of Shonen Jump I got today there was a card with a code you could use to redeem to get the first episode of Bleach downloaded for free. I don't really care much for Bleach so I just gave it to my little brother. Still I just get my anime from Netflix and I've been considering getting the Roku box to use with it.