This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The dollar is gaining ground

edited August 2008 in Everything Else
The pound is at a two-year low trade-off with the dollar, which has also gained on the Euro.

What do you think this means about US recession and inflation?

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Is it more that all the European currencies are losing ground faster then the dollar?
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • What do you think this means about US recession and inflation?
    I thought you were of the opinion that there is no recession.
  • Is it more that all the European currencies are losing ground faster then the dollar?
    I think your right. Old man Europe strikes again. If the U.S sneezes, we fall over.
  • What do you think this means about US recession and inflation?
    I thought you were of the opinion that there is no recession.
    I don't. But tossing the word around seems to be all the rage.
  • Hmm, shit. I'm going to the US in a few months, so it's personally bad for me =P
  • Hmm, shit. I'm going to the US in a few months, so it's personally bad for me =P
    Just buy dollars now instead of waiting.
  • Foreign currencies were overvalued. Their economies were really shitty too, it's just that ours was so shitty that other currencies looked awesome in comparison.
  • I love how oil drops by 4%, and the dollar gains 0.03% against the Euro and they claim that oil dropped in large part because of the strengthening dollar.
  • There having a 2 for 1 sale on the dollar over seas.
  • Must be these dollars:
  • That's what you charge for fellatio, isn't it Jen?
  • edited August 2008
    I really hope the dollar gets better, cause I'm, studying abroad for this semester and it sucks that everything here costs so much. :(
    Post edited by NinjaNed on