This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Free Gurren Lagaan! [Yes it's legal!], & an iTunes flame war.

2»

Comments

• Oh, wow, "myself" can't read for shit! Look back at my response at number 3. I said that you don't need a credit card.
    I did, you shouldn't have skipped over the "at least for me" part of my comment. What part of "leeching" and "only downloading free stuff" don't make you think that I will never bother paying any money for anything iTunes related. I now have an account, since last night when Ebb posted a link to that redeem code. Thank you very much Ebb, it worked great. Seriously, why can I not pick "None" as a payment option when I try to sign up normally? Seriously! If you won't allow me to easily sign up, at least stop requiring a bloody account to download album artwork and other free content. It is not free if I have to give up my personal information to get it. Also, I am no longer known as 'myself', I thought you'd appreciate me changing my nickname to fit your general idea, sadly the forum only allows for user names to be 20 characters long, so "One of the forum assholes." did not fit.
    3. I'm not saying that RealPlayer is better, I was only putting it up as an example of other players.
    The point I was making if flying over your head. Perhaps you can catch a glimpse of it if you look up.
    6. Write some script or look for a work around, There are ways to solve this.
    No there are not. iTunes will complain that services are not running when I kill them, or stop them from starting at boot. And will then resume to either quit, or spawn the processes again. And why the hell do I get a tray icon, yet am not given the ability to minimize to tray?
    9. The iTunes built in browser is not the same as a web site. the reason why it's slow is that it has to search Apple's internal database and if you are loading up the home page for the first time, that day, it's slow because of there is new content that needs to sent to the end user. It could also be the fault of firewalls as well as possibly not updating iTunes.
    Many sites have huge databases behind them, and don't take ages to respond and load.
    Why do you waste time correcting people's spelling? Spelling and grammar is purely based on people's opinions.
    As does science and art is based on cold facts.
    I looked at songbird and Iimagine that, it looks a lot like iTunes. ROFL. Just like in Linux, Aat least those developers where smart enough to "take" design quescues from OS X.
    Songbird also looks like crap in my opinion, it has an edge on iTunes for allowing different skins though. And I wouldn't ripping other designs off 'smart'.

Either way, I am now watching the first two episodes of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Kamina's voice fluctuates between fitting the awesome that is Kamina and just sounding horrible. As for Simons voice, it fits, thus far. I like the "Who the hell do you think I am?!". It sounded very good. The video quality is horrible though. I've seen better at equal filesizes.
  • Frankly, Songbird isn't that great. It's extremely bloated (built in web browser? FFS) and isn't a whole hell of a lot better than iTunes, as far as I can tell.
  • The video quality is horrible though.
    It looks incredible on my iPhone, and that's really the type of thing that it's intended to be watch on.
  • Frankly, Songbird isn't that great. It's extremely bloated (built in web browser? FFS) and isn't a whole hell of a lot better than iTunes, as far as I can tell.
    Have you tried the newest version? It is A LOT better.
  • The video quality is horrible though.
    It looks incredible on my iPhone, and that's really the type of thing that it's intended to be watch on.
    I scaled it down during the ED, to see how those horrible rolling credits would look at a lower res. Still looked horrible.
  • Your screen resolution's just a little bit different from my phone's ^_~
  • Your screen resolution's just a little bit different from my phone's ^_~
    The text stayed horrible interlaced, and at numerous points in the episodes I could see huge artifact blocks.
  • Hmm, I like amarok. I use iTunes, though, on the mac and windows boxes, because someone somewhere gave me an iTunes giftcard and I spent it. Eventually I'll convert the few songs I bought into a DRM-free format, but I don't have the time right now. iTunes, while not ideal, isn't an inconvenience.
  • edited September 2008
    I-tunes isn't that bad. Try using the Zune software for 3 years, and you will pray for I-tunes! The only flaw that I see in I-tunes is how it deals with podcasts, and ironically I have found that Zune at the end of it's life cycle (as my personal media player) dealt with podcasts pretty good as far as downloading them went. -.- But if you are ever entertaining the idea of a Zune DON'T!!!!!!! The only positive thing I can say about the Zune is that you don't have to baby it as much as an Ipod.... I have dropped the Zune countless times on concrete, and it has survived....
    Post edited by Ratchet on
  • Yeah, my friend got a Zune and said that the fact that the software was so horrible completely cancelled out the fact that he loved the device and ended up returning it.
  • Yeah, my friend got a Zune and said that the fact that the software was so horrible completely cancelled out the fact that he loved the device and ended up returning it.
    -.- Some open source wizard should work on a hack to put better firmware on the Zune so you can use it like a regular mp3 player. Fuck the wifi on it because all it does is drain your battery. And I feel for your friend..
  • Some open source wizard should work on a hack to put better firmware on the Zune so you can use it like a regular mp3 player
    Does RockBox support Zune yet?
  • Some open source wizard should work on a hack to put better firmware on the Zune so you can use it like a regular mp3 player
    Nope. Isn't the Zune even worse off than later generation iPods in terms of DRM?
  • Darn... it's no longer free. I'm guessing there's a time-limit to these things
    I did buy the first episode just to try it out, since there seems to be quite a bit of praise for this series. We'll see how that goes...
    Nope. Isn't the Zune even worse off than later generation iPods in terms of DRM?
    YES!!!!!!! With I tunes at least you have some security of owning your music. Because when you buy music off of the Zune Marketplace if you do their "rental" service then you have to always sync up your Zune to the computer, and their DRM has a code to where if you don't do this then it will stop working on your Zune period!