This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Don LaFontaine died...

edited September 2008 in Everything Else
So I bring you this awesome video in remembrance.

JQRtuxdfQHw

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Shit, another person with an awesome voice has left us. D: RIP, Don. If I were religious, I would tell you to challenge God to that voice-off that everyone's always wanted to hear.

Post edited by Eryn on
  • This is what happens when you smoke.

This isn't Don, despite what the video title says, but it fits.
    Except when you die from complications of a blood clot in your lungs that is in no way related to use of tobacco products.
  • I can't believe this happened! Don LaFontaine was awesome. Now who is going to take the position of the Voice of God?!
  • Except when you die from complications of a blood clot in your lungs that is in no way related to use of tobacco products.
    Where'd you see that?
  • In a world... where stuff sucks... this takes the cake. Not coming this summer to any theater near you... Don LaFontaine.

This seriously does suck, it seemed that he was a really cool guy.
  • Where'd you see that?
    His Wikipedia and related links...
    The related links say his lung collapsed, I don't see anything about a clot unrelated to smoking.
  • In a world... where stuff sucks... this takes the cake. Not coming this summer to any theater near you... Don LaFontaine.

Amen to that brother, now all movie trailers will decline forever.

Amen to that brother, now all movie trailers will decline forever.
    With the respect to the guy as a human being, his take on trailers was so overused and over-the-top that it long ago stopped being cool and started being a pale parody of itself. His voice-over performance was awesome in the 80s, but like leg-warmers and Jennifer Grey it was a relic of a bygone era.