This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

First Squad (Первый отряд) 2008

edited September 2008 in Anime
http://www.first-squad.com/

Trailer:
z_90iFLjdqQ

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-09-01/new-trailer-english-website-launch-for-first-squad

Looks very promising and I'm looking forward to this. Anyone else?

Comments

• I can tell just from the trailer. Studio 4C remembers why it is that there are anime fans, and it isn't moe girls.
  • First Squad is set during the opening days of World War II on the Eastern Front. Its main cast are a group of Soviet teenagers with extraordinary abilities; the teenagers have been drafted to form a special unit to fight the invading German army. They are opposed by a Schutzstaffel (SS) officer who is attempting to raise from the dead a supernatural army of crusaders from the 12th-century Order of the Sacred Cross and enlist them in the Nazi cause.
    Crusader zombies fighting super-powered Russian teens? Should be fun. The animation looks stellar. Studio4c always manages to impress. I like the techno track as well.
  • Me too. If thats the sort of music that will appear in the anime, that OST is mine.
  • Wow, an anime that actually seems worth watching to me. I'm impressed.
  • I'm very impressed and will be spreading the word.
  • That trailer is effin' badass, I can't wait to watch it.
  • edited September 2008
    I looked really good, until about half way through with the horse jumping out of the ice and crap like that. I almost had a nerdgasm; good thing, I just took a shower. I thought Japan was still banned from WWII related stuff? LOL!
    edit:

Longer Vid
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • The Nazis have Bipedal tanks? The Russian army is toast.
  • *rips music from video* This is my new ringtone.
  • edited September 2008
    I'm Russian (though not particularly), and I heartily approve.
    I looked really good
    With all due respect, this thread is not about you.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • How did I not know about this?! I am such a geek for Studio4c...
  • I can tell just from the trailer. Studio 4C remembers why it is that there are anime fans, and it isn't moe girls.
    A healthy love of gratuitous violence, the key trait of an old-school anime fan. :P
  • Hmm, looks like this isn't a 4C original. It was made up by people working for Molot Entertainment, a Canadian/Russian Animation studio with HQ in Toronto. This is anime like the Animatrix and Gotham Tales are: Made up by western Producers who admire the visual qualities of Japanese animation. That's kinda cool, I like these co-productions.
    edited September 2008
    This is anime like the Animatrix and Gotham Tales are: Made up by western Producers who admire the visual qualities of Japanese animation. That's kinda cool, I like these co-productions.
    Question, would you just call it anime either way, or keep calling it whatever else you otherwise call it? And what about Ahiru no Quack? D:

EDIT: As for the trailers, after finally being able to see them (Flash works sporadically on my computer for some reason since a month or so now), I must say, looks awesome.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Hmm, yeah, the Russian did seem a bit too good to have been done by the Japanese :P
    Personally, I'd call it anime nonetheless.
  • I loved the opening soundtrack, the techno sound mixed with artillery shell fire was awesome.
  • Wow, i'm so glad about this.
    For too long western media's ignored the Eastern Front in WW2 as a source for storylines.
    Finally this looks about to change that. =]