This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Rym's Mind

RymRym
edited September 2008 in Everything Else
I thought this might be interesting for the lot of you.

There are tables at work that I have to load/unload on different servers for different reasons. Whenever I do this, I tend to name each one something memorable in all caps just for the purposes of keeping everything consistent. This is a list of some of the ones I've used in the last few months, put together randomly from my history. I'd be hard-pressed to make any sort of conclusion based on it, other than that I tend to use whatever's on my mind at the moment.

ALBION
ARGLE
ARISTEA
BALTHASAR
BAHPOMET
BARGLE
BIGGLES
BOSON
BRITAIN
CURRANT
DAMMEKO
DIGGLER
DJOSER
DORORO
DRAGONSLAVE
ESCA
EUDOXIA
EVANGELION
FREDDIE
FYUTSUKI
GAIGAIGAR
GARUDA
GODHEAD
HYDRA
JUNEBUG
KINGDON
LANCER
MATARIEL
MEDIUMTANK
PERDIDO
PHALANX
PYRO
QUEEN
RAMHIEL
REZZO
RITSUKO
SEATTLE
SPECTRO
SKULK
TABULA
TURTLE
UMERICA
UNITY
VENICE
WARMTODAY
WEDNESDAY
XELLOS

Comments

• "Mediumtank" is priceless.
  • I love WARMTODAY, and really wish I had a job where other people would be forced to use (and mention) my ridiculously labeled projects...
  • Even though you "misspelled" damekko, it made me laugh.
  • I love WARMTODAY, and really wish I had a job where other people would be forced to use (and mention) my ridiculously labeled projects...
    Could someone please explain that joke to me! If it's from Simpsons I've no chance of getting it, since I watched it German..
  • A list of awesome from Rym's mind. A question, is there a sister server for Tabula you can name Rasa?
    Could someone please explain that joke to me! If it's from Simpsons I've no chance of getting it, since I watched it German..
    I thought it was just Scrym talking about how enjoyably warm it was that day.
  • Well it's obvious you love Slayers and Queen. *respect knucks* and/or *terrorist fist pound*
  • You misspelled "Baphomet." Satan frowns on you.
  • Why is there no Scrym table?!
  • Shouldn't you be naming Tables something to do with their content or is this some form of job security? Umerica sounds like some political movement.
  • Umerica sounds like some political movement.
    Scott knows what Umerica is.
  • GAIGAIGAR
    GaoGaiGar?
    WARMTODAY
    Was this server warm yesterday?
    WEDNESDAY
    Were you running out of names by this one?

They are some great names, though.
  • edited September 2008
    I thought it was just Scrym talking about how enjoyably warm it was that day.

Work blocks the Youtubes, so I can't see if this shows up. Here are the relevant lyrics.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • GaoGaiGar?
    I had another one called GaoGaiGar at the time. This is a semi-random sampling. ^_~
  • It suggests you are an Anglophile, and either an older anime fan or an otaku (in this case, probably both), and that you might spend just a bit too much time on the Internet. :)
  • edited September 2008
    I'd be hard-pressed to make any sort of conclusion based on it
    MEDIUMTANK
    You made said table when you were in your hardcore AW phase.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • I'd be hard-pressed to make any sort of conclusion based on it, other than that I tend to use whatever's on my mind at the moment.

Sadly our programmer does this with his code so if they were to fire him everything would have to be redone.