This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show your typing skills

edited September 2008 in Everything Else
Time for a friendly forum competition.

73 words

Speed test

Comments

• 73. But I lost a ton of time waiting for the next batch of words to appear whenever I was at the last word of the current batch. I do not type a space after the last word, GAH!
  • This was on my laptop keyboard. I could easily do better with a serious try on my HHK.
    91 words

Speedtest

• 73. But I lost a ton of time waiting for the next batch of words to appear whenever I was at the last word of the current batch. I do not type a space after the last word, GAH!
    I also had this problem.
  • edited September 2008
    Next test, please.
    289 words

Or.....

A crapload
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • jccjcc
    edited September 2008
    2 words
    Ah, multitasking... how much more effective would I be without you? :)
    Post edited by jcc on
    I also had this problem.
    It's annoying. Tried it again, 79 this time, but again, lost a lot of time waiting for the next batch. On top of that, I've learned to type texts in proper sentences, not a bunch of words just randomly put after each other, and said texts were continuous with proper punctuation. God I hate these tests, they always screw me over, and why do you think they use 2500+ word articles with a 10 minute limit for 'real' typing speed testing.
  • edited September 2008
    dito
    Post edited by kiwi_bird on
  • You type 436 characters per minute
    You have 79 correct words and
    you have 0 wrong words
    I wonder if characters includes every backspace I type, and of course the characters I remove. I doubt it, they probably just count word length + 1 for the space.
  • There are a lot of better typing speed testers out there.
  • There are a lot of better typing speed testers out there.
    This one is fun.
  • edited September 2008
    85 words

Speed test

There are a lot of better typing speed testers out there.
    This one is fun.
    I agree. It's a fun little race and the tests are usually pretty good.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • TypingTest.com is the best I've tried. This typing test is just really annoying. It's harder for me to type jumbles of words that don't make sense than to type coherent sentences. The only way I can do a typing test is if I'm copying a paragraph or so of text into a separate box without interference from the tester. If TypingTest.com had a little image thing I'd put it here, but I type over 100WPM on a decent keyboard.
  • edited September 2008
    103 words

Speedtest

Also, "try and click here"? Does this imply that I may have trouble clicking on the graphic?
    Post edited by Blattus on
  • 44 words

Speedtest

Yea I'm not a super good typist...
  • RymRym
    edited September 2008
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Over 9000 words
    Over 9000!?!?
    Damnit, Rym. I expect that from someone unoriginal like myself, but not from you!
  • Damnit, Rym. I expect that from someone unoriginal like myself, but not from you!
    Rym was really proud of that joke. He was bragging about it before he went to bed.
  • edited September 2008
    Damnit, Rym. I expect that from someone unoriginal like myself, but not from you!
    Rym was really proud of that joke. He was bragging about it before he went to bed.
    I'd probably brag about it too. Something about that meme makes almost any use of it funny.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I'd probably brag about it too. Something about that meme makes almost any use of it funny.
    It's my favourite lame reference, equal to "eight people... everybody was gaga."
  • I'd probably brag about it too. Something about that meme makes almost any use of it funny.
    It's my favourite lame reference, equal to "eight people... everybody was gaga."
    It has the same appeal as a Rickroll. Everyone subconsciously knows it's coming, but hate themselves for getting caught by it. However, it's still quite the lulz.
    No, that's the most inside joke in the world. That's all about being masturbatory.