This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Johnny Depp to play The Riddler in the next batman movie.

edited September 2008 in Everything Else
Oh my fuck. This is awesome. I just pray to bob that neither Cher or Catwoman make an appearance.

Comments

• Fuck Johnny Depp. It's like whenever there's a role that's hard to cast they just call him up. I'm really sick of him.

That being said, he'll probably do a fantastic job.
  • edited September 2008
    Fuck Johnny Depp. It's like whenever there's a role that's hard to cast they just call him up. I'm really sick of him.

Righto on both point but I am never sick of him. <3

Strange thing is I only like his characters but not him as himself. Odd.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Johnny Depp can play a crazy guy well (see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). The Riddler is a crazy guy. Regardless of your opinion of the man, Johnny Depp is a good fit for the part.
  • Fuck Johnny Depp. It's like whenever there's a role that's hard to cast they just call him up. I'm really sick of him.

Post of the year. I LOL'd because it's fact.
  • They should bring back Jim Carrey to reprise the role.
  • Depp as the Riddler would be pretty cool, but I can't help but feel there has to be a Batman villain that would be a better fit for him. Not sure who though.
  • JayJay
    edited September 2008
    Depp as the Riddler would be pretty cool, but I can't help but feel there has to be a Batman villain that would be a better fit for him. Not sure who though.
    I don’t know, based on my knowledge something of a cross between Sweeny Todd and Willy Wonka would be a very close fit to how Riddler would behave…mannerisms wise at least, and without much change to his physical appearance (he wouldn’t really have to put on or lose weight or anything) he’s probably near the right body build. Maybe lose a few pounds to give a lankier look…maybe. I cant think of any batman villains that Jonny would be a closer physical match for, or would act that sorta crazy.

I also see there are roomers for casting for penguin…I really hope they don’t throw penguin in the next movie. There are certain villains that are just too….cartoony to translate well in the batman movies present universe. Penguins one of them. Actually…from this point on after riddler theirs really no one left that isn’t really lame/cant exist due to how realistic the world is in the batman movies. You have to start going to second string characters like Deadshot or Mr. Zsasz. Maybe you can stretch in a super scientist angle side for a semi realistic Mr. Freeze. Maybe the next movie will do good, but not that good, and they’ll quiet while their ahead.

*...grammer probation...for run on sentance?...ohh and two incorect their/there..ahh crap. Well red grammer box. Me and you will be friends for a while*
    Post edited by Jay on
  • Oh my fuck.This is awesome. I just pray to bob that neither Cher or Catwoman make an appearance.
    Johnny Depp as the Riddler, Cher as Catwoman, Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin ... THESE ARE ALL GRADE A RUMORS. WB hasn't even signed Nolan on for a third film yet, let alone begin casting.

More details: http://www.aintitcool.com/talkback_display/37936?q=node/37936
  • edited September 2008
    Actually, the Penguin has gone from a bird-themed super villain to a mob boss, so he could have a role in this current Batman movie series.
    Cher as Catwoman
    What? Cher? Really? I've heard about Angelina Jolie being a possiblility, but nothing about Cher. Casting her would be a horrible idea.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Mr. Freeze done in the style from Batman the Animated Series would be great! The character was wonderfully tragic.
  • Mr. Freeze done in the style from Batman the Animated Series would be great! The character was wonderfully tragic.
    Defiantly, they would have to tone down his power though. He’s the only super villain that isn’t so zany that it would pull you out of the movie. He is also tragic enough it would fit well with the dark mood the movies have. I would see him as a villain for a predicted final movie. At the point where they know that further movies would likely see much reduced returns so they could go out a little over the top.
    Defiantly, they would have to tone down his power though. He’s the only super villain that isn’t so zany that it would pull you out of the movie. He is also tragic enough it would fit well with the dark mood the movies have. I would see him as a villain for a predicted final movie. At the point where they know that further movies would likely see much reduced returns so they could go out a little over the top.
    A little over the top?
    Ninjas make a microwave bomb on a train. C'mon.
  • JayJay
    edited September 2008
    A little over the top?
    Good point, but I would argue that its easier to accept unrealistic technology then genuine super powers or ridiculous characters that behave in an unreasonable manner. For instance I suspend my belief much more for microwave bomb then Bane or Poison Ivy, or even Cat Women (she’s a really bad character). Though even then I cant really justify away microwave bomb because I know how microwaves work. I think that scene was by far the worst part of the movie. I like to see the Dark Knight as a reset of the universe where they removed ridiculous technology like microwave bomb and replaced it with sonar cell phones. Which still cant really work, but is a technology that is not so well known and common in every day that it just makes you call bullshit out loud. On the same token, I would even accept a freeze with a suit and that could cool things around it much more then microwave bomb, as long as you don’t throw freeze gun in their. Yea…microwave bomb was really bad.

You know…until you mentioned it I sorta blocked out ninja microwave. Its a bad memory I forced deep down.
    Post edited by Jay on
  • A little over the top?
    Good point, but I would argue that its easier to accept unrealistic technology then genuine super powers or ridiculous characters that behave in an unreasonable manner. For instance I suspend my belief much more for microwave bomb then Bane or Poison Ivy, or even Cat Women (she’s a really bad character). Though even then I cant really justify away microwave bomb because I know how microwaves work. I think that scene was by far the worst part of the movie. I like to see the Dark Knight as a reset of the universe where they removed ridiculous technology like microwave bomb and replaced it with sonar cell phones. Which still cant really work, but is a technology that is not so well known and common in every day that it just makes you call bullshit out loud. On the same token, I would even accept a freeze with a suit and that could cool things around it much more then microwave bomb, as long as you don’t throw freeze gun in their. Yea…microwave bomb was really bad.

You know…until you mentioned it I sorta blocked out ninja microwave. Its a bad memory I forced deep down.
    Not to say I didn't enjoy it, but it was over the top. :D
  • Cher as Catwoman
    What? Cher? Really? I've heard about Angelina Jolie being a possiblility, but nothing about Cher. Casting her would be a horrible idea.
    Cher would be a pretty broken down old hairball-spitting Catwoman. Have you seen her lately?
  • Cher would be a pretty broken down old hairball-spitting Catwoman. Have you seen her lately?
    Are you saying that I would prefer Cher over Angelina Jolie for the role? If you are then you really misread my post.
  • Cher cannot be Catwoman. N to the O! NO!

But it's a rumor just like everything else about the 3rd movie.
  • Cher would be a pretty broken down old hairball-spitting Catwoman. Have you seen her lately?
    Are you saying that I would prefer Cher over Angelina Jolie for the role? If you are then you really misread my post.
    No. I'm saying that Cher is too old to be Catwoman. She would not be a good Catwoman. She is a better actor than Jolie, but if she were actually cast as Catwoman, it would be a disaster.
  • Okay, I definitely agree with that.
  • No. I'm saying that Cher is too old to be Catwoman. She would not be a good Catwoman. She is a better actor than Jolie, but if she were actually cast as Catwoman, it would be a disaster
    I wouldn't say Jolie would be a disaster, but it wouldn't be good either. Don't get me wrong, I did like Angelina Jolie in "Gia" and "Girl Interuppted", however I just can't see her as Catwoman or Selina Kyle. That's just me.
  • Zooey deschanel would make a great catwoman. And she can sing to boot.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2008
    They should bring back Jim Carrey to reprise the role.
    NO! That movie was shit. I am ashamed that Carrey even wasted his talent in that disgrace of a movie.
    Post edited by Geo on
    Well I think that's due to the fact that he's one of the most versatile actors of our time. From Edward Scissorhands to Captain Jack Sparrow; that leap is just phenomenal.