This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Firefox Troubles

edited July 2006 in Technology
So I'm having some odd Firefox troubles and I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm on a company computer and can't stand using a browser without tabs so I installed Firefox, no big deal. Well I've had trouble with random images not showing up. One specific example is that most of the pictures on Engadget don't show up. They're fine in IE and if I right click and select "View Image" it'll open just fine but they won't open in the regular window.

For reference: I'm running firefox 1.5.0.4 on Win XP Pro. I feel lame asking this but I'm a mac junkie and have no idea what would cause this. Thanks.

Comments

• Check this

Tools->Options->Content/Load Images

Also make sure no adblocking is going on and that no spyware got in before Firefox was installed.
  • Seriously doubt the spyware, this is a relatively new image straight from the corporate fileserver. I did install adblocker but I'd have the problem even when adblocker was disabled. The ads on the right would come back but the regular photos wouldn't.
  • Ah, I had the "From originating website only" box checked. All is well. Thanks.