This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

So, This Bar wants me to Run an Anime night...

2»

Comments

• actually speaking of manly, dubbed show why not JoJo's Bizzar adventures?
    Well, it depends on availability - All suggestions are judged first and foremost simply by if I can get it or not. I'm damned short on cash, I'm not laying out to get it shipped to me (At this point, if the thing becomes profitable, then I'll see if I can get FAB to buy the anime) so if I can't hunt it down in person, I can't show it.
  • Shin Hokuto no ken is available dubbed via Torrent and Rapishare.
  • Actually speaking of manly, dubbed shows, why not JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?
    Please use the "Check Spelling" button (it's down in the bottom right corner!) and be sure to actually have the correct name of the show you are suggesting, please.
  • edited September 2008
    Shin Hokuto no ken is available dubbed via Torrent and Rapishare.
    I'm a bit edgy about pirating a show for this, to be honest - especially considering that FAB has now offered to cover the cost of the anime - though of course, the bar will own it, not me.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • You are in luck then ADV distributes Shin Hokuto no ken, though $26 is a bit pricey for just three episodes.

Amazon link
  • Ah, beauty - I'll see if I can get them to put it on my list.
  • Would running a movie like Castle of Cagliostro work?
  • Would running a movie like Castle of Cagliostro work?
    I honestly couldn't tell you - but they are looking more towards series than Movies, as then you can run things between episodes, you know, get more for your money, so to speak.
  • Ah. Too bad, because that would be a fun one.
  • I never said No - Just it might be a "get around to it" rather than a "I'll be done yesterday"
  • Hajime no Ippo could be a good choice, fights are resolved within 2 or 3 episodes at most, its a good idea to watch it linearly, but its straight forward enough that if you missed an episode or two, you can catch up to the current events with one or two comentaries from someone else.

The problem with stuff like Cagliostro is that there is a lot of intrigue, and demands you to pay 100% attention to it and since its a bar, people won't put that much effort either.