This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Michael Moore's Slacker Uprising

2»

Comments

• Michael Moore on this election. The date in the top right is wrong I believe. I think it was on C-Span yesterday. Takes about an hour and a half:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=288833115544695006
  • of course there are no Michael Moore 'fans' outside the US. I wonder why those lawyers said not to allow free downloads outside the US.
    There are quite a lot of fans.
    In my area "Bowling for Columbine" received very good word to mouth reviews, and was heavily pirated before it was licensed for TV broadcast.
    Winning the Oscar nailed him as a minor public figure, important enough for Sicko's release to be a national news item.

Not freely distributing outside the US is quite logical - the movie will make it's political impact before the elections, and the foreign Cinémathèques will still have to purchase screening rights.
  • There are quite a lot of fans.
    I know sarcasm is harder to tell over the internet, but that was too damned obvious for you to miss it. As for the rest of your post. HAHAHA. It's released, by the site self, via bitorrent (amongst ddls), have you any idea why Moore did this?
  • I had the "is that serious?" ten seconds hesitation before replaying.
    Well, shit.
  • Mother of god. That fat bastard is making another one?
    His movies are available for free because they suck. Political views aside, they just plain suck.
    His movies are available for free because they suck. Political views aside, they just plain suck.
    He already made it - he distributed it via the net including bittorrent, and then kicked up a stink because people outside of the US could get it via bittorrent.
    He already made it - he distributed it via the net including bittorrent, and then kicked up a stink because people outside of the US could get it via bittorrent.
    He kicked up a stink? On the contrary, his lawyers did. He made sure that the film would also be distributed via bittorrent. Because he knew that it would just take a few minutes for someone to upload that torrent file to the Pirate Bay.
  • His movies are available for free because they suck. Political views aside, they just plain suck.
    I'm sorry "Bowling for Columbine" and "Roger and me" and his two TV shows "TV nation" and "The Awful Truth" are all great pieces of film and propaganda. You gotta give the man credit for being able to make a entertaining documentary. You might not agree with them but they are always watchable.
    He kicked up a stink? On the contrary, his lawyers did. He made sure that the film would also be distributed via bittorrent. Because he knew that it would just take a few minutes for someone to upload that torrent file to the Pirate Bay.
    If his lawyers are acting on his behalf without his approval, he needs some new fucking lawyers.
  • His movies are available for free because they suck. Political views aside, they just plain suck.
    I'm sorry "Bowling for Columbine" and "Roger and me" and his two TV shows "TV nation" and "The Awful Truth" are all great pieces of film and propaganda. You gotta give the man credit for being able to make a entertaining documentary. You might not agree with them but they are always watchable.
    The words Documentary and Entertaining should not be in the same sentence. Trust me, I like Documentaries. Namely Civil War ones. I like them, but god DAMN are they boring.Well, except when Burnside fucks up and Chamberlain orders his charge on Little Round Top. Burnside fuck ups can be funny, when they don't get people killed; and Chamberlain's charge was full of badass.
  • edited November 2008
    The words Documentary and Entertaining should not be in the same sentence. Trust me, I like Documentaries. Namely Civil War ones. I like them, but god DAMN are they boring.Well, except when Burnside fucks up and Chamberlain orders his charge on Little Round Top. Burnside fuck ups can be funny, when they don't get people killed; and Chamberlain's charge was full of badass.
    Ummm... actually a well made documentary is both informative and entertaining. Something does not have to be boring to be informative.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Huh, documentaries should not be entertaining? WTF?
    Go watch: "Where in the world is Osama Bin Laden?", "Supersize Me" or "Free for All". "...so goes the nation" and "Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Prices" where also very good.