This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Webcomics

Damn, a BBoCS reference. Did you know the old archives are still availible? http://bbocs.lazarusworld.com/ .

I do have to say, I used to consider myself very into Webcomics. I read comics before the first big boom. I remember seeing a couple comics I had read join the initial run of Keenspot (Road Waffles, Sinfest, several that no longer exist...) I was there for the launch of the second big wave in 2001. I've not really found anything new since... Questionable content? There's no incoming talent, and while older authors have embarked on new comics, there's not been anything majorly new. I kinda wish something new would come around and sweep me off my feet, but meh.

Comments

• Yes, we know much about the old archives. We have a very early episode where we talk more about BBoCS. You should check it out.
  • Narbonic is God!
    Its even free to read the archives of now :P
    Mad Science! Evil Genius! What more can I say?

I was linked there by Phil Foglio who draws 'Girl Genius', which I like more than narbonic. He drew the 'Whats New' strips in the back of Dragon before moving to GG full time. He is pretty much my all time favourite artist guy.
  • RymRym
    edited July 2006
    Dr. McNinja is the newest comic I read.

I read NGTI off and on until it stopped. BBoCS until it stopped. Thin H Line/Sexy Losers until it stopped. Exploitation Now until it stopped. SMC until it stopped...

Once I get into a comic, it really takes a lot to stop me from reading it. I don't know if it's loyalty, momentum, or just a good comic, but I can't think of a single one I've stopped reading of my own volition. Granted, there are many I never started to read in the first place...
    Post edited by Rym on
  • The only webcomics I read is megatokyo and if you consider it the translated scan from beck: Mongolian chop squad.
  • edited July 2006
    Narbonic is God!
    Hell yeah! Represent!

Of the comics I read, the ones I would recommend most are: Achewood, Least I Could Do, Questionable Content, Perry Bible Fellowship and Penny Arcade. (And, of course, the aforementioned Narbonic...)

There are seriously too many awesome comics on the internet to count. The Dayfree, Dumbrella and Blank Label collectives seem to be hoarding a disproportionate number of amazing ones though.
    Post edited by crowe on
  • It seems like the blank label comics are the "I'm tired of being one of keenspot's bitches comics."

Most of the comics that I read that are now blank label were once keenspot, but it might just be what I read.