This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Zombie Outbreak

edited October 2008 in Role Playing Games
This is an interactive zombie outbreak movie. It's not great, but it's okay for a while.

Comments

• Note to self, never bother holing up in a house in the middle of nowhere at night.
  • Didn't get the optimal outcome the first time, but I did survive... for now.
  • Didn't get the optimal outcome the first time, but I did survive... for now.
    Lucky bastard, I got all the deaths (minus dirt bike) before I got the sub-optimal survival. I stand by my point, never go hole up in a house in the middle of nowhere. How did they get there in the first place. :p Thanks for the timewaster mr. Joe.
  • edited October 2008
    Lucky bastard, I got all the deaths (minus dirt bike) before I got the sub-optimal survival.
    Me too. I started intentionally trying to go for the worse choices after getting screwed the first few times.

Why are people getting the sub-optimal survival before the optimal survival?
    Surely it's obvious which is better in that last choice?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Why are people getting the sub-optimal survival before the optimal survival?
    Not necessarily. Streets = people = zombies. Woods = less people = less zombies.
  • I survived (of course).
  • Why are people getting the sub-optimal survival before the optimal survival?
    Not necessarily. Streets = people = zombies. Woods = less people = less zombies.
    That was my reasoning.

I died pretty fast out the starting gate the first time, got fairly far before dying the next time, and then started intentionally going for the bad choices because I wanted to see the entire decision tree listed on the chapter skip page. XD
  • I'm going to play this once without reading anything about it. I will consider my death (or survival) definitive. ^_^
  • I'm going to play this once without reading anything about it. I will consider my death (or survival) definitive. ^_^
    Nah Rym. This thing isn't like you think it is. It's a very shallow decision tree.
  • Nothing like a good time waster for a rainy day.

After a few deaths, I finally survived. I guess being a bastard ALL the time isn't a good thing.
  • edited October 2008
    I'm going to play this once without reading anything about it. I will consider my death (or survival) definitive. ^_^
    Nah Rym. This thing isn't like you think it is. It's a very shallow decision tree.
    This is true. The characters start off having made bad choices. Why wasn't their original stronghold fortified? Why weren't they previously prepared? In my opinion, this narrative starts too far ahead. Choices made in the beginning of a zombie apocalypse can significantly affect the available choices in your time-line.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
    edited October 2008
    Why are people getting the sub-optimal survival before the optimal survival?
    Me too. I started intentionally trying to go for the worse choices after getting screwed the first few times.
    I screwed up a few times. I mean it's extremely circumstantial, if you do x before you do y, you'll survive, if you didn't do x, you'll die at y. Then I just started following the paths, first picking the left-most choice of whatever node I was at.
    After a few deaths, I finally survived. I guess being a bastard ALL the time isn't a good thing.
    Stick together when you're safe. Get the fuck out when you know there's danger nearby. Pretty obvious though. But the table leg was a stupid thing.
    This is true. The characters start off having made bad choices. Why wasn't their original stronghold fortified? Why weren't they previously prepared? In my opinion, this narrative starts too far ahead. Choices made in the beginning of a zombie apocalypse can significantly affect the available choices in your time-line.
    Like not going to a house in the middle of nowhere...
    Post edited by ... on
  • Precisely. In actuality, the best place to go would be a prison.
  • Did anyone else think that the first choice was total bullshit? How would that have affected it in the way that it did?
  • Did anyone else think that the first choice was total bullshit? How would that have affected it in the way that it did?
    I don't know. They only needed a couple extra seconds to escape.
    Yes, that's another one of those stupid choices. Of course you shoot the infected person, you can't hope that he stumbles into the incoming zombie horde and thereby allowing you to get out. Sure, you could throw the zombies are stupid card, but then again, they aren't that stupid that they would walk past their meal. Another card to throw is omg he hadn't lost his humanity completely! He was a zombie ffs. I say yay for bashing the silly choices and their far fetched outcomes. Anyone sane wouldn't risk his live on a most likely infected already unconscious person. Instead they would do what Seth did, and put them a) out of their misery and b) would prevent them from later eating brains.
    Precisely. In actuality, the best place to go would be a prison.
    And always go up while barricading every door/staircase/whatever behind your ass. The basement choice was stupid. Then again, they had to make the woman's end tragic, and get you a flashlight. I wish Alex had done more, then again, he had probably gone insane long before the film starts.
  • Alex's primary purpose was zombie kibble.
  • My "get the hell out of dodge" plans failed immediately. Every decision after that in which my own survival would be assured in any other reality but this movie ended in my demise.
  • The main reason I died out the starting gate at first was that I was insanely annoyed with Kelly and thought Seth had the right idea in wanting to go out and find help elsewhere. If I had known he was a terrible driver when panicked, I probably would have picked differently. ><
  • Most of the choices were bad. That really detracts from the game. However, I thought they did a reasonable job of putting together a fifteen to thirty minute time waster.

I'll have to admit that I'm still a little irked that saving the dude with the tie was the right decision and saving the girl was the wrong decision.
  • I'll have to admit that I'm still a little irked that saving the dude with the tie was the right decision and saving the girl was the wrong decision.
    True, then again, "Imminent danger = be a selfish bastard", otherwise, try to be nice.
    The main reason I died out the starting gate at first was that I was insanely annoyed with Kelly and thought Seth had the right idea in wanting to go out and find help elsewhere. If I had known he was a terrible driver when panicked, I probably would have picked differently. ><</p>
    I thought the same. After he crashed the car I thought "I shouldn't have let an American drive..."
    Alex's primary purpose was zombie kibble.
    Which is completely pathetic. He runs out because he has snapped after watching Seth drive himself to death, but he didn't go with Seth, seriously, what the heck?
    Which is completely pathetic. He runs out because he has snapped after watching Seth drive himself to death, but he didn't go with Seth, seriously, what the heck?
    He vas Seth's lovah.
    He vas Seth's lovah.
    Yet he stayed behind. Makes no sense. Were his craziness cooler he was a better character, but not, just nail-biting, staring out the window, hitting a girl with a bat and running into the mouths of zombies. Actually, that perfectly explains why 3 had already died.