This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pat Buchanan

GeoGeo
edited October 2008 in Everything Else
Because of the election and all that jazz, I think it would be interesting if people talked about certain politicians and share their personal opinions about them. I'm going start this whole idea with a firebrand of a politician (both in the sense of an interesting thread and the politician himself), namely Pat Buchanan. What are your opinions about the man? Do you agree with/support his political stance? Do you think he's a bit of a nutjob?

Comments

• Pat Buchanan is currently in denial.
  • I disagree with Pat Buchanan, but I have a lot of respect for the man. He's a really good observer of the political realities, and he definitely has a gift for rhetoric. He's on the decline, and I think a lot of his political positions are flat-out wrong, but he's a good pundit.
  • Another talking head who has no fucking clue how the real world works. The only thing remotely good I've ever heard him say was how poorly the war in Iraq was going and how it was a mistake to be there at all.
  • I disagree with Pat Buchanan, but I have a lot of respect for the man. He's a really good observer of the political realities, and he definitely has a gift for rhetoric. He's on the decline, and I think a lot of his political positions are flat-out wrong, but he's a good pundit.
    Pat Buchanan has been the most fun of any pundit to watch (I watch when at the gym and cleaning my house) I usually play a game when I watch cable news, the Guess what the pundit is going to say, and it's funny to find that the only pundit who usually beats my prediction is Pat Buchanan, He's a asshole but at least he is unpredictable and his opinions are usually better then the standard talking points.
  • Pat Buchanan is currently in denial.
    '
    I disagree. Pat Buchanan is always in denial.
  • The two statements do not contradict each other :)
  • I <3 when Rachel Maddow makes him tow the line. I am not sure if it is because he's on a more openly liberal leaning network like MSNBC, but he is a lot less openly biased and mean-spirited as the conservatives on some of the other networks.