This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Elite Squad / Tropa de Elite

edited October 2008 in Movies
I see a lot of you enjoyed City of God, in my memory City of God is in the same category as a later movie called Elite Squad. It's also Brazilian, the name in Portuguese is "Tropa de Elite" as said in the topic.
The movie is in the same scenario except it focuses the police side. It's theoretically a true story written by one of the members of the elite police force called BOPE (Batalhão de operações especiais, or special operations battalion).
The movie portraits a bit of the situation in the "favelas" (slums), then it shows some of the training of the "BOPE" and the difference between them and the normal police, besides that there is a good story line. I won't say anymore because I don't want to spoil it.
So anybody that can get a hold of that movie, might wanna take a look, it's one of my all time favorite movies, and if you liked City of God, you will probably like this, maybe even more, like me.
Once I tried to get a hold of the DVD with English subtitles and I couldn't find it, but I found a torrent of it with the subtitles, just so you know there exists one.