This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Stuff we're selling!

We MacRoss's are moving soon and I've put a few items on CraigsList in case anyone wanted to look at them. Here's links:

Dreamcast & Games - $100$75
Huge Magic: The Gathering collection. - $150
Some really old Star Wars minis, in pewter. - $10
Star Wars miniatures battle game. -$30

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Comments

• edited October 2008
    Funnily enough there's a bunch of junk I have that I can't be bothered putting on ebay. All items free to collect:
    Boxes for: Wacom Bamboo (so nice but so bulky), DS Lite in Black, Nokia 6630.
    Broken Canon IP4300, print head needs replacing/thoroughly cleaning.
    All the 8+ year old computers you can carry.
    Various PCI cards, sound and network mostly.

Based in Leeds, England.
    [I hereby declare that the blue font is to be used for clarifications.]
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Has the dreamcast ever had any boot failures? Like, has it ever failed to read a disc?
    I trust you guys, but I can't risk having my heart broken again.
  • Has the dreamcast ever had any boot failures? Like, has it ever failed to read a disc?
    Not that I know of, I will check with Mr. MacRoss, as it is his.
    I've never had it fail. Last time it was used was a year or so ago, so I can fire it up again to double check if you want. I'd be surprised if it didn't work perfectly though.
  • Yeah, please do. If it works, I'd like to get it as a birthday present for myself. It's either that or a 4WD electric rc car.
  • edited October 2008
    Yeah, please do. If it works, I'd like to get it as a birthday present for myself. It's either that or a 4WD electric rc car.
    Okay, you almost jinxed the whole thing. :P In the eight or so years I've had the thing, it's never failed me, nor had I heard of any boot failure. Until I went to turn it on today to test it out. It gets to the screen, but won't load any games. I start freaking out, but Mrs.MacRoss looks online for possible solutions. One person said that the problem was potentially in the lid closure detection. Basically, the DC thinks the lid is opened even when it is shut. I go the simple route, rest my hand on the lid, and push down.
    Not only does the DC start just fine, it starts multiple games and plays for as long as I have it on with no issue. So I guess the short answer is it works fine, and if it's not reading the disc, just push on the lid. There are numerous long-term fixes to this that you can find online, but I attribute it more to the fact that it's been sitting in my basement for years rather than any real mechanical problem.
    Oh, I can leave you my saved games if you'd like.
    If you want to whisper me your information, I can tell you how much shipping will be in case you live too far away to pick it up.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • A black DS lite for free? That is crazy. I would like to claim it but I live in CA, any possibility of it being mailed? The offer of old computers is also tantalizing.
  • Boxes for: .. DS Lite in Black...
  • I'm not sure what boxes are. Are they like space dollars?
  • They're cardboard receptacles you often receive new products in. Light, protective and possibly edible.
  • They're cardboard receptacles you often receive new products in. Light, protective and possibly edible.
    They cardboard ones are for hiding. Also, if any of your rival's disjoined body parts need hiding...
  • edited October 2008

It's for special effects (you need a lot of DS boxes though)
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • I knew I was being dense....all's well that ends well.
  • Sonic doesn't want my Dreamcast anymore. It's still up for grabs. The metal minis are to be mailed soon.
  • I don't really have $100 to spend on a Dreamcast, but I still REALLY want a Dreamcast.
  • I don't really have $100 to spend on a Dreamcast, but I still REALLY want a Dreamcast.
    Bump to taunt WindUpBird with the Dreamcast's availability.
  • Oh, That's so mean.
    Bump.
  • I might get the Dreamcast collection, have to wait until the check comes in.

Oh yea...bump.
  • As they say in France, le bumpois.
    Bump to taunt WindUpBird with the Dreamcast's availability.
    I've got the money, actually, I'm just unsure of whether or not I can spend it and, if I could, how I would get it to you.
  • Paypal is a beautiful thing. Timo just got the set of old Star Wars minis mailed to him, and I have a payment already waiting for me.
  • I'm dropping the price of the dreamcast package to $75, less than I purchased the actual system for when I first got it.
    You're the first to know.