This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime Shiratori

Comments

• F is a letter. You see, I use this definition of digit: "any of the Arabic figures of 1 through 9 and 0. "
    You didn't specify the definition. You stated "there is no single digit greater than Nine", which implies a mathematical context. In such a context, a mathematical definition for 'digit' is implied. Consequently, in the absence of a specified radix, your statement must be true for all radices - it is not. 'F' is a standard hexadecimal digit, and it is greater than 9.

Even if you wish to argue the mathematical context, when you make a statement of fact like that you should really ensure it is not subject to being wrong under a valid interpretation.

Tanoshii Moomin Ikka
    (no, I have not seen it, but I posted it so I could post the above. As for why I took so long to do so - I'm busy to an extent that is ungodly this week)
  • This argument is pointless. Just use the digit for infinity.

Akiyuki (also from Sgt. Frog)
    edited October 2008
    You didn't specify the definition. You stated "there is no single digit greater than Nine", which implies a mathematical context. In such a context, a mathematical definition for 'digit' is implied. Consequently, in the absence of a specified radix, your statement must be true for all radices - it is not. 'F' is a standard hexadecimal digit, and it is greater than 9.
    Overruled, I gave my definition, thus making any of your complaining invalid. You also fail to include the fact that I was speaking with Ro. Now hush and accept that Nine is the greatest digit. (whiner)
    This argument is pointless. Just use the digit for infinity.

Akiyuki (also from Sgt. Frog)
    *punches you in the face* Kamina is greater, I win.

Kamina.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited October 2008
    *Strength of my face breaks your hand*

Akira Hojo
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. And no, I won.
  • This argument is pointless.
    The best kind.
    Just use the digit for infinity.
    There isn't one - it's a symbol, not a digit.
    Overruled, I gave my definition, thus making any of your complaining invalid.
    Yes, you corrected yourself, which is great. Thanks. I took it that you were implying I was wrong, but on reading your post again I realised that you did not do so.
    You also fail to include the fact that I was speaking with Ro.
    Not only is this the Internet, it is a forum on the Internet - we can respond to anyone and anything we wish (as you yourself often do).
    Now hush and accept that Nine is the greatest digit. (whiner)
    According to my definition(s), the digit F pwnz the digit 9. However, I agree with you under your definition - but only if we also take a mathematical definition of "great" as opposed to something like "awesome". Otherwise, the digit Zero is much more awesome than the digit Nine.
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. And no, I won.
    Sorry, !database error, but he's right about this.

El Hazard.
  • Detroid Metal City
  • edited October 2008
    Yami no Matsuei.
    the digit F pwnz the digit 9.
    *wikies* Myriadic/decamillesimal? Base-infinite?
    Post edited by Anastius on
  • *wikies* Myriadic/decamillesimal? Base-infinite?
    Silence. You're too late for the party.
    Otherwise, the digit Zero is much more awesome than the digit Nine.
    How can a digit that wants to be a lousy letter be greater than the greatest true digit? And no, 'G' is a wannabe Nine.

Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma
  • edited October 2008
    Asuma (Naruto)
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Macross.
  • Sanosuke (Kenshin)
  • GaoGaiGar!
  • edited October 2008
    Posted By: lackofcheeseOtherwise, the digit Zero is much more awesome than the digit Nine.
    How can a digit that wants to be a lousy letter be greater than the greatest true digit?Because zero has powers like no other number.

Observe:
    In September 21, 1997 while on maneuvers off the coast of Cape Charles, Virginia, a crew member entered a zero into a database field causing a divide by zero error in the ship's Remote Data Base Manager which brought down all the machines on the network, causing the ship's propulsion system to fail.
    Let's see nine do that.

Also, Arjuna.
    Post edited by misakyra on
  • Akane (Ranma 1/2)
    edited October 2008
    Let's see nine do that.
    Eh... but that's evil, and stupid on the side of the programmer and user. Either way, NOT AWESOME.

Neko no Ongaeshi.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Neko no Ongaeshi.
    Used it already!
    Shigofumi
    edited October 2008
    Used it already!
    Oh? I can say the same about Shigofumi. The characters however. EDIT: Found it, yosh. Gonna see if I can fix that.

Mika (Shigofumi)
    Post edited by ... on
  • Kare Kano (Kareshi Kanojo no Jijo/His and Her Circumstances)
    edited October 2008
    Kanokon. How horrendous was this show again Viga? :D
    Wait, even better: Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko
    Post edited by ... on
  • Kopperia no Hitsugi (opening theme from Noir)
  • Shakugan no Shana
  • Ah My Goddess!
  • Silent Mobius
  • Saint Saya
  • Akio(Utena).
  • Oyashiro-sama (When They Cry - Higurashi)
  • Asterisk (Bleach season one OP)