This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

This is the world we live in

edited October 2008 in Everything Else
I'm presently sitting at my desk at the telco I work for. I just overheard a colleague getting screamed at by a customer for telling her why the techs refused to enter her home. Copypasted house comments:

NO MORE TC'S [trouble calls] FOR THIS ADDRESS - TECHS REFUSE LOB ENTRY AS HOME IS HAZARDOUS - STRONG SMELL, VISIBLE LIQUID STAINS AND FECES.

I thought the Romans introduced a system to combat this a few millennia ago...

Comments

• edited October 2008
    Some people are old fashioned like that, too bad there aren't any wooly mammoths to stomp on them anymore.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited October 2008
    *Puts down choc-ice* Damn you.. It could just be badly behaved dogs.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • *Puts down choc-ice* Damn you.. It could just be badly behaved dogs.
    The sub said it's her cats. Still though, how do you live in such filth that those not acclimatized fear for their health by merely stepping inside?!? These are rough-and-tumble men and women who come home from work covered in sweat, grease and oils. They're by no means germaphobes by nature of their work alone, and they still couldn't bear it.
  • Then if she can't manage her own dogs, she should either send them to training school, train them herself, or get rid of them. At the very least if she knows somone is coming, she could clean up the crap off the floor and spray some Fbreeze.
  • Dealing with crap is like the prime duty of owning a pet and customer service.

ZING!
  • Crazy cat ladies can't help it. The toxoplasmosis makes them that way. Seriously, it's not a joke. It's real.
  • Crazy cat ladies can't help it. Thetoxoplasmosismakes them that way. Seriously, it's not a joke. It's real.
    I remember my wife being concerned about this when she was pregnant. I ended up having to change the litter box the whole time she was pregnant.
  • Crazy cat ladies can't help it. Thetoxoplasmosismakes them that way. Seriously, it's not a joke. It's real.
    Which is exactly why our techs refuse to enter her home. I wouldn't want to catch that shit.
    Which isexactlywhy our techs refuse to enter her home. I wouldn't want to catch that shit.
    I wasn't suggesting you go in there.

• Yeah, Toxoplasma gondii is interesting stuff. Parasites will rule us all some day.