This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Official Geekhaus Plans

2»

Comments

• The plans are fairly rough, but we might name our media server "Meatfucker" after GCU Grey Area from the Culture series by Iain Banks
    Our Temporary house server is called Urinal Cake, a name that will probably be inherited by the next less-temporary house server.
  • Note to self, never inform Gomily of any escape plans, routes, manoeuvres or otherwise in the interest of personal survival.
  • OmNomNom. You guys are wrong. I'm going to be the nice kind of Zombie. Like Shelly from Scary go Round.
  • OmNomNom. You guys are wrong. I'm going to be the nice kind of Zombie. LikeShellyfrom Scary go Round.
    No we're not. Sure, you might be nice, but your new zombie friends will most likely not be nice kind of zombie. And who is to say you will actually have a say whether or not you'll be a nice zombie or not. :\ I don't think the black voodoo magic will let you pick.
  • Update: I just negotiated the sale of the house! Now we can do improvements without worrying about moving out later or rent increases.

I'm on my phone, so I'll keep this short, but suffice to say I bought it for $33,333. That's an amazing price for this house. Also, I got two new jobs. I should be making around $70k this year!
  • edited October 2008
    $33,333
    Holy shit, dude, that's incredible. You can barely buy a one story house around here for that price.

You really inspire me, Yosho. You left home with barely anything to your name and no support from your parents to move to the other side of the country, yet you're managing to achieve exactly what you want to achieve and have been so successful already. You are going to go places, man.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Congrats Yosho, that's a pretty sweet deal.
  • That house is barely more expensive than my car.
  • [Insert David Dickinson reference]
  • $33,333? Amazing! Say, if I go to RIT and you guys still own the place 3 years from now, can I live there for my last two years?
  • Wow, I came in late for the party. Anyway...
    Man, people who prepare for the zombie apocalypse are like those who built bomb shelters during the cold war.
    ...bomb shelters were prudent in the Cold War, zombie shelters perhaps not so much.
  • OmNomNom. You guys are wrong. I'm going to be the nice kind of Zombie. LikeShellyfrom Scary go Round.
    No we're not. Sure, you might be nice, but your new zombie friends will most likely not be nice kind of zombie. And who is to say you will actually have a say whether or not you'll be a nice zombie or not. :\ I don't think the black voodoo magic will let you pick.
    Hmm...You make a good point. But, while I don't trust zombies, Emily is too nice a person to succumb to brain eating tendencies. And besides, we can just zap her with some lightning and she'll be good as new.
  • Thanks, everybody. You guys make me feel like 電車男. I'm thinking 3-4 years from now people will have moved out, and there should be a new group of awesome people there. We'll still own the house, and I'll still be living there (hopefully with Haewon). So, yes, if there is space, that would be awesome.

Right now I'm concentrating on making money and fixing up the place. We're going to renovate the kitchen and install a gas stove, new counters, etc. The upstairs bathroom will need to be redone as well. After that. there are only a few small things that need fixing. We'll plant a garden, and hopefully fix the veranda to be awesome. I imagine we'll have a party to celebrate the Geekhaus' completion sometime in June, at which time everybody is invited. I plan on having a well-stocked wine cellar by then, and my cooking skill should be improved dramatically. Accomodations will be made, and I'm sure we can have a lot of people over for at least a weekend.

Ladies and gentlemen, let the fixing and cleaning commence!
  • Eventually you should build a conservatory. Conservatories are awesome.
  • Eventually you should build a conservatory. Conservatories are awesome.
    I take your conservatory and raise [?] you a roof terrace.
  • We have awesome Victorian slantyroofs. Plus for the Library, minus for any kind of construction. I will have an awesome garden, though.
  • Do you have any pictures of the house in its current state? If not I would definitely recommend taking some so you can have a really awesome before-and-after.
  • Oh, yes. Tomorrow I shall take some pictures of the terrible den of disease and villainy that is the proto-Haus.
  • edited October 2008

Good God were you holding a gun to the guys head when you were talking about the price? lol welp if you need any steampunk tips me and a friend of mine are really into the whole steampunk thing (we started a skypirate brigade with friends as an excuse to dress like idiots and get drunk). and just remember properly placed preasure gauges and copper pipping always make things look cool, even if it doesnt do a damn thing.
    Post edited by BontaKun on
  • Update: The Zombie Pageant was canceled due to thunderstorms and rampant power outages. We all sat around the dark apartment with candles wondering if the actual zombies were going to come.
  • Update: The Zombie Pageant was canceled due to thunderstorms and rampant power outages. We all sat around the dark apartment with candles wondering if the actual zombies were going to come.
    Wait, isn't that a most suitable stage for a zombie pageant? Heck, if you continued that pageant and real zombies walked in, they most likely would've walked out in search of humans, mistaking you for just bored/pretty zombies. A few would remain and wooo the contestants though...
  • edited October 2008
    Update: The Zombie Pageant was canceled due to thunderstorms and rampant power outages. We all sat around the dark apartment with candles wondering if the actual zombies were going to come.
    Wait, isn't that a most suitable stage for a zombie pageant? Heck, if you continued that pageant and real zombies walked in, they most likely would've walked out in search of humans, mistaking you for just bored/pretty zombies. A few would remain and wooo the contestants though...
    I don't think zombies are the woo-ing type. I mean, how ridiculous would that look. Hey baby, did you just pop out of the ground because you are as pretty as a daisy. Why don't we get out of here? I know this cafe on 8th street where the waiters are delicious.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Some are: Zombie Gets a Date

Awww....Leetal's Movie is not online. Suckage.