This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 081023 - College Dorm Stories

2»

Comments

edited October 2008
    It doesfinally shows up in Itunes.
    It didn't 2 days ago. Since then it has appeared in the feed yes.
    For some reason it's dated 11/29/2007.
    This probably because it was borked.
    Post edited by ... on
  • On the question of more anecdotes versus more topic based shows: I like shows on specific topics the best, or even hearing you guys discuss news. I like to learn things but be entertained at the same time. This show was really interesting to me while you talked about the criminals and related topics. However, I got almost nothing from your "stories" about college dorms. If you are going to do more anecdotes, please don't keep going on about college. Sure, you had a good time at RIT, and that is where your common experiences begin, but you should really move on with your lives a bit. Isn't anything interesting happening in you life right now?
  • This probably because it was borked.
  • In my school, it takes skill in not getting your stuff stolen while you're asleep.
    I can't let myself fall asleep in my school library. We have a liberal arts 'sister school' (read: their campus burned down in the early 1900s, so they merged with my school and pretend that they're independent, despite using all of our ancillary services).

As is the case with most liberal arts schools, the average student over there is a rich 20 year old, 2m tall, 50kg, ghastly white elitist male sporting a jalopy cap and scarf. As an engineer, our faculties routinely butt heads. One day I walked into the library, found a quiet spot, and fell asleep beside my open thermodynamics book. I awoke to find the page covered in angry red pen strokes, detailing how absolute zero pales in comparison to the icy flame of Satan's breath, and that the tensile strength of a blade tempered in the fires of the circle of Inferno cannot be represented by mere mortal mathematics. Someone must have been reading Dante's Divine Comedy...
  • This episode made me want to go to RIT even more!
  • One day I walked into the library, found a quiet spot, and fell asleep beside my open thermodynamics book. I awoke to find the page covered in angry red pen strokes, detailing how absolute zero pales in comparison to the icy flame of Satan's breath, and that the tensile strength of a blade tempered in the fires of the circle of Inferno cannot be represented by mere mortal mathematics. Someone must have been reading Dante's Divine Comedy...
    Are you sure one of your friends wasn't playing a joke on you?
  • The episode was very much fun. I am still waiting for the promised RIT hockey anecdote episode :D
  • Are you sure one of your friends wasn't playing a joke on you?
    I don't think any of my friends would scrawl all over my $120 book. They might leave stickynotes, or scrawl all over my face, but not my books.
  • I just caught up on the episodes I'd gotten behind on, and I have to say that hearing you talk about what life was like at RIT made me really glad that I had gone to MIT instead and lived Random Hall in particular. Here's our most recent dorm rush recruitment video: link.

I also think that its awfully sad that the things you discovered about the hidden places at RIT were lost rather than being preserved across new generations of students.
  • I would have set up shop in one of the boarded up stores - all covert and such.
  • Scott's Thing -Cosplay Boobies
    16th row down, the middle one, yellow bikini.
  • edited November 2008
    Aww, you like the white girls.

edit: She is very cute though. I just think a lot of the Japanese girls are also super cute.

Also, Morio-kun, you are hopped up on hormones, as usual.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited November 2008
    Second row, middle picture - Kinda highlights how impractical some anime costumes are.
    Ohh.. the removed the duplicate. No, wait! It's still there.
    Also, Morio-kun, you are hopped up on hormones, as usual.
    Hooray for boobies!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited November 2008
    <-<
    >->
    4th down. Middle. *blush*
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Top right. I usually don't mention this because it sounds creepy to most people, but I really have a thing for Asian girls.
  • Top right. I usually don't mention this because it sounds creepy to most people, but I really have a thing for Asian girls.
    What's creepy about that?
    There is nothing creepy about it, it's just a personal preference. The only thing that would be creepy about it would be if you liked under aged Asian girls.
  • edited November 2008
    Top right. I usually don't mention this because it sounds creepy to most people, but I really have a thing for Asian girls.
    I don't think it is; some people just seem to take it the wrong way for some odd reason.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited November 2008
    4th down. Middle. *blush*
    Viga has a thing for muscular/athletic women. I'm cool with that.
    Edit: Added link.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited November 2008
    I like Viga's Yoko, and this Yoko.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • There was a pretty cute Yoko at AAC this year. She had both assets a Yoko should have: A big gun, and big... Hair.
  • edited December 2008
    Wow, when I saw the old duck (Scrooge?) turn around in that van in Rym's ToTD, a part of me died inside.... 0.0
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • Wow, when I saw the old duck (Scrooge?) turn around in that van in Rym's ToTD, a part of me died inside.... 0.0
    It wasn't Scrooge. It was a Beagle Boy in costume. *keeps telling himself that*
  • Why the hell did you edit out the "Corner Whore" part. That was really funny, it makes no sense to get rid of it.
  • Hah, this thread gets bumped a day after I file my housing request forms. Enjoyable coincidence.