This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Create your own Muppet

edited November 2008 in Everything Else
FAO Schwarz is now making custom Muppets. You can either drop $90 for them to assemble it or you can purchase the more expensive package which I don't really know why you would do it because I can't tell the difference other than you get this cool looking little book but trust me it's probably just better to have them assemble it anyways.

Comments

• It looks like they still assemble the Whatnot with the more expensive option. But I can't tell if there are more options for customizing the Muppet. It does mention that there is a 'prepaid gift card to cover the cost of making and shipping the Muppet Whatnot back to the designer'.
    It mostly looks like the Kit book is what you would get someone who isn't on the internet. Perhaps?
  • You know there's going to be a new Muppet movie, right? The Muppets try to save an old theater from a tycoon who wants to get at the oil buried underneath?
  • It's cool, but there aren't enough options to make it worth it.
  • a new Muppet movie
    I now have more faith in the human race.
  • You know there's going to bea new Muppet movie
    I have yet to watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall, but this has me interested. However, if Frank Oz isn't involved, I will have my doubts.

As for creating your own Muppet, that's pretty awesome if you feel like dropping that much money.
  • I have yet to watchForgetting Sarah Marshall, but this has me interested.
    It is a hilarious movie and the scene they mentioned is brilliant.
  • As for creating your own Muppet, that's pretty awesome if you feel like dropping that much money.
    It's not a lot of money considering that it's a real, full quality, muppet. It's just a lot of money considering the lack of variations. If they sold actual muppets, I'd definitely buy one. Who couldn't use a Dr. Teeth or a Crazy Harry?
  • edited November 2008
    Who couldn't use a Dr. Teeth or a Crazy Harry?
    I want Statler, Waldorf, Beaker, and the Swedish Chef. I want them mostly because I can do the voices for them.
    EDIT: Actually, forget them. I want the Boomerang Fish guy. "You throw the fish away and it comes back to me!"
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • It's not a lot of money considering that it's a real, full quality, muppet. It's just a lot of money considering the lack of variations. If they sold actual muppets, I'd definitely buy one.
    I guess, however I'll side with Li Akahi and want the Beaker action along with Kermit. However, if I were to really buy this, I would be inclined to pick Animal, because he is awesome and can be used for awesome things as you have pointed out.
  • I would need Gonzo and Guy Smiley.
  • I know why they won't give us real muppets.

We would make YouTubes, and people would think they were legit.
  • I would need Gonzo
    Regular Gonzo or Super Gonzo? Man, so many awesome choices. Gonzo is quite awesome, especially in Muppet Babies when he always tried to hit on Miss Piggy.
  • edited November 2008
    Regular Gonzo with a trumpet. Ratso and Camilla purchased separately.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Count von Count.
  • That is ridiculously cool.
  • I can make my own muppet for free. I just kill someone that looks somewhat like me, dress them in my clothes, and pull their strings or, rather, tendons.
  • Kate, what kind of mood are you in with all this gory imagery today? Remind me to steer clear. (^_^)
  • edited November 2008
    This would make you without clothes right? Just to make sure you know the ramifications of taking off your clothes. I don't think people would be upset about anything else, but you would totally be labeled a pedophile.
    Post edited by Mosquitoboy on
  • Wait, WHAT?
  • This is the only time I've seen "whatnot" used as a noun by someone other than Scott.