This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

FTWR

edited November 2008 in Everything Else
I was just curious if anyone else has heard of this site or even used it. I heard about it at work today and it seems a little to good to be true even if it's almost impossible to get access to.

Comments

• Care to tell us what the heck it is? Or give us a link?
  • Fibre Tower Corporation?
  • I think he means follow the white rabbit but the website appears to have been set up improperly, or not at all.
  • I think he meansfollow the white rabbitbut the website appears to have been set up improperly, or not at all.
    Or maybe that's the joke?
  • I think he meansfollow the white rabbitbut the website appears to have been set up improperly, or not at all.
    Or maybe that's the joke?
    I guess that's kinda funny... but I'll stick with my zombo.com thank you very much.
  • ftwr is actually a really exclusive torrent site. You don't pay or anything it's invite only and members only get one invite per year. It's web address is ftwr.in and it appears to be a new clothing store or something but that's just a front.
  • Exclusive, private torrent sites are a dumb idea.
  • ftwr is actually a really exclusive torrent site. You don't pay or anything it's invite only and members only get one invite per year. It's web address is ftwr.in and it appears to be a new clothing store or something but that's just a front.
    It appears that it started after Oink.cd got busted. Le sigh. If all those paranoid idiots would just use The Pirate Bay everyone would be better off.
  • edited November 2008
    Exclusive, private torrent sites are a dumb idea.
    But apparently everyone fucking loves Demonoid. I agree with you, though.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • But apparently everyone fucking loves Demonoid. I agree with you, though.
    It's all about the speed, baby. I use Torrentz for most things but having Demonoid as a backup helps.
  • It's all about the speed, baby. I use Torrentz for most things but having Demonoid as a backup helps.
    Hence why I say that everyone should use the Pirate Bay. Using their torrent tracker is even safer than using a private tracker like ftwr. Plausible deniability ftw!
  • How is it safer? Isn't Pirate Bay getting busted/shut down....all the fucking time?
  • How is it safer? Isn't Pirate Bay getting busted/shut down....all the fucking time?
    Ah, no?
    Not at all. Only once has there been an illegal bust by the Swedish authorities. They caved in under the whining of the RIAA and MPAA who claim that the US jurisdiction is the entire world. Since then they've spread out the servers. Recently they've also implemented a system to nullify the flawed anti-pirate torrent scanning. Basically companies just connected to the tracker for a copyright infringing torrent, copied all the ip addresses they got back and send cease and desist letters. Now this tactic is useless because the Pirate Bay now adds a few random ip's that are not really in the swarm to the swarm list. Thus giving users plausible deniability when faced with these stupid tactics. This is already 100 times safer than having an account on a private tracker.