This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I'm in Seattle, what should I do?

edited November 2008 in Everything Else
I'm here tonight and tomorrow night. I'll have a little bit of time tonight and tomorrow. Anything I must see or do? Any great placed to eat?

Comments

• Go to the Pike Place market There's a decent brewery down there, among other things. The magic shop was one of my favorite places to hang out there. Or find any place that makes Hom Bao.
  • edited November 2008
    Well from the Seattle episode, they talk about a good few restaurants. One example is Dragonfish. Here is a map along with local eatery guide of the area arout the Convention Center.

Dragonfish is R7. Also you might want to check on Von's (R8). If I recall, Rym & Scott really enjoyed that restaurant for the food, but not the drinks.

If you haven't already, definitely check out Pike's Place Market. (1st & Pine/Pike St). The weather has been rainy, so don't forget your umbrella.

As for events, I get emails from Eventful to see what's going on in Seattle. Hopefully that will give you some ideas.
    Go to the Pike Place market There's a decent brewery down there, among other things. The magic shop was one of my favorite places to hang out there. Or find any place that makes Hom Bao.
    Yes. The best place for Hom Bao is at the Pike's Place Market. It's on the main street across from the market. I forget the name, but it's right next to the greek place, iirc.

Hope this info helps.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Thanks!!! I'm getting on Google Maps now. :-)
  • Thanks!!! I'm getting on Google Maps now. :-)
    I forget, but I'm sure Pike's Place is close around this time. I would say go in the morning or day time. I normally go on the weekends there so I don't know the weekday/holiday schedule.
  • It looks like I'm only a couple of blocks away from Von's so I'm going there now. :-)
  • I found Von's. I'm getting the prime rib.
  • edited November 2008
    Having problems posting from my phone. Sorry about that.
    Post edited by Thaed on
  • Visit the Seattle underground, which was part of the city that was buried by a mudslide back in the day. Also, visit the place where Thomas Crapper invented the toilet. Space Needle. Space Needle. Space Needle! Also, visit the open-air market.
  • Von's is fucking awesome.