This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Katawa Shojou

edited November 2008 in Everything Else
American VN about life at a disabled school.
It seems like it could be interesting if it's ever released; my only complaint about the characters so far is the protagonist is yet another cynical asshole who gets his heart melted by the love of a pure woman.

Comments

• The part that left me dumbfounded was that this thing sprang up out of the primordial soup of the internet known as 4chan. I'm pretty impressed.
  • This could be heart-warming, heart-wrenching or wrong on an entirely new level.. I suspect the latter-most.
  • Katsu showed this to me a long time ago. I thought it was kind of a cool idea. I like the track and field girl with the prosthetic limbs.
  • sprang up out of the primordial soup of the internet known as 4chan
    Honestly, once you get rid of /b/, the collective IQ of 4chan raises 50 points.
  • Honestly, once you get rid of /b/, the collective IQ of 4chan raises 50 points.
    An IQ of 50 is still pretty low. ^_~
    edited November 2008
    When I saw the thread title I wondered why it looked familiar. Yay for /a/'s sick idea for a dating sim. Like Omnutia, I think they'll make it so horribly wrong that even Satan wouldn't dare to accept anyone into hell that enjoyed the game.
    It seems like it could be interesting if it's ever released; my only complaint about the characters so far is the protagonist is yet another cynical asshole who gets his heart melted by the love of a pure woman.
    Not that an IQ of 50 is much reason for joyful thinking, it is however true.

EDIT: Damn you Rym.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited November 2008
    Yay for /a/'s sick idea for a dating sim.
    1) Not a dating sim, a visual novel.
    2) How is it "sick"? Other than their disabilities, they're normal girls.
    Honestly, once you get rid of /b/, the collective IQ of 4chan raises 50 points.
    An IQ of 50 is still pretty low. ^_~
    Honestly, I'd put some of the more fun boards, like /tg/, at a level maybe 3 steps down from the FRC forums on a 10-rank of intelligent people.
    But /co/ still sucks for liking super-heros.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Yay for /a/'s sick idea for a dating sim.
    1) Not adating sim, avisual novel.
    2) How is it "sick"? Other than their disabilities, they're normal girls.
    1. Yes, it's a dating sim. The original artist called it so himself, and it's even mentioned on that site!
    2. It originated from a fetish discussion. Also, it originated on /a/.
    Honestly, I'd put some of the more fun boards, like /tg/, at a level maybe 3 steps down from the FRC forums on a 10-rank of intelligent people.
    But /co/ still sucks for liking super-heros.
    You only removed /b/, go remove another board and indeed the collective IQ might go up a bit more. Either way, you're still reacting to a hive-mind joke.
  • This could be heart-warming, heart-wrenching orwrong on an entirely new level..
    Just because there are perverted people who like a good idea does not mean that the idea itself is bad. As Omnutia pointed out, the idea itself is not the problem, it's how they handle the material. I had only seen the original concept art way back when, and at the time I thought it was actually a kind of cool idea. Many moe characters are "disabled" (such as blind or in a wheelchair) but the disability is not presented in a realistic manner and is often used to make them seem helpless, like they HAVE to rely on the main character, but this kind of turns that concept on its head and creates believable girls with relatively realistic injuries. I thought it was neat that the class rep was deaf and spoke through an interpreter (the artist suggested having to learn a little sign language to be her friend) but she was very self confident and a good leader. The girl who lost her legs runs on the track team, and the girl with burn scars is self conscious about it. If they do indeed do what they could with this and make a Tokimeki "pure love" style of dating sim, with good characters, I would be happy with that.
    edited November 2008
    There's nothing wrong with the basic idea, I agree with you on that Gomily. I however don't bother getting my hopes up for this, since that way I won't be disappointed and I might be pleasantly surprised by it.
    Post edited by ... on
    edited May 2009
    Post edited by ... on
  • Foot facepalm?
  • edited May 2009
    Footfacepalm?
    Facesole? Is it as bad as we'd expected?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • /a/ is also pretty low in IQ for the most part.
    edited May 2009
    No, just an image that was posted in the thread on /a/. I thought it was rather funny. Played the game for a bit over an hour now, a lot of introductory stuff, two in-game days have passed and I lost at Risk. The art is nice, though the backgrounds confuse me, I cannot tell whether they're photographs, or realistic art, or a mix of both.

Oh no! If he's the last sane man, then... NOOOOOOOOOO!

EDIT:
    /a/ is also pretty low in IQ for the most part.
    US/a/ perhaps.
    Post edited by ... on
  • my only complaint about the characters so far is the protagonist is yet another cynical asshole who gets his heart melted by the love of a pure woman.
    Yeah I know, I just hope I hope that I never lose my cynicism to a pure girl. I'd hope I would drag her down with me. But it seems to want to do a very interesting/noble thing (IMHO), that is portray life of other people in different situations and show that they are still human. This, I hope will stop hate towards disabled people and looks like a pretty cool show

BTW Creative Commons RULES
  • No, just an image that was posted in the thread on /a/. I thought it was rather funny. Played the game for a bit over an hour now, a lot of introductory stuff, two in-game days have passed and I lost at Risk. The art is nice, though the backgrounds confuse me, I cannot tell whether they're photographs, or realistic art, or a mix of both.

Oh no! If he's the last sane man, then... NOOOOOOOOOO!

EDIT:
    /a/ is also pretty low in IQ for the most part.
    US/a/ perhaps.
    /a/ sucks. ADTRW for life, bitch.
  • /a/ sucks. ADTRW for life, bitch.
    Goon! But yeah, ADTRW is better, but still sucks.
  • /a/ sucks. ADTRW for life, bitch.
    Goon! But yeah, ADTRW is better, but still sucks.
    Meh. At least nobody on ADTRW makes threads about either A) wanting to be the little girl, or B) wanting to bang the little girl.
  • At least nobody on ADTRW makes threads about either A) wanting to be the little girl, or B) wanting to bang the little girl.
    As I said, ADTRW is better. More importantly, OP, have you tried the preview? What do you think of it?
  • At least nobody on ADTRW makes threads about either A) wanting to be the little girl, or B) wanting to bang the little girl.
    As I said, ADTRW is better. More importantly, OP, have you tried the preview? What do you think of it?
    I haven't, only because I have something like three books in my queue, and those take precedence.