This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WordPress + vBulletin Advice

edited November 2008 in Technology
I currently have my website set up so that the WordPress and vBulletin are almost completely integrated with each other. They share the same member database, and if you log in to the Forum, the same screenname is used in the comments of each WordPress post. Now the problem is logging in. Right now, I have a widget on WP that has a login-box that logs into the Forum directly from the sidebar of the WP page. Unfortunately, the login-box is static, which means that, even if the user is logged in, the login box remains the same. There is no indication that the user has logged in, even if he is.

So far, I've tried to install a plugin that would allow the widgets to accept PHP coding, but it either glitches out and shows nothing, or ruins the site altogether. What do I do?

Comments

• Put an if statement around the login box that checks if the user is logged in?
  • Unfortunately, the widgets don't accept any sort of PHP code...
  • Unfortunately, the widgets don't accept any sort of PHP code...
    What do you mean accept PHP code? WordPress and vBulletin are both written in PHP. I imagine that widgets are also written in PHP. Go in with your text editor and modify them. This is open source.
  • I was referring to each specific Widget built into the WP Dashboard. You can only use HTML on those.

I guess I'll have to physically go into widget.php and hard-code it in, eh?
  • edited November 2008
    Shouldn't you be able to just slip the PHP into the HTML? I believe the WP Dashboard just drops widgets in with a straight-up include() statement; PHP will execute any tags it finds as it imports the HTML.
    Post edited by Lusankya on
  • I was referring to each specific Widget built into the WP Dashboard. You can only use HTML on those.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Everything in wordpress is PHP, including sidebar widgets. Each widget is in its own individual PHP file. You can go and edit any of them.
  • Hmm..I'm using the latest version of Wordpress 2.6.2, and in that version, all the widgets are programmed into wp-includes/widget.php, I think.
  • Hmm..I'm using the latest version of Wordpress 2.6.2, and in that version, all the widgets are programmed into wp-includes/widget.php, I think.
    So they are. Wow, what a piece of shit. Glad I'm moving away from WordPress.
    So they are. Wow, what a piece of shit. Glad I'm moving away from WordPress.
    What are you moving to?
  • What are you moving to?
    Something custom.