This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Could someone transcribe tabs of a song for me?

edited November 2008 in Art!
I'm trying to cover the song Sailing to Byzantium by the band Liars. I suck at making out specific notes, but I'm sure one of you guys is fantastic at it.

The song:

XQ6tHqowo7I

The song has a piano, guitar and bass, I think. I'll be playing it all on a keyboard. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Tabs for a keyboard?
  • Tabs for a keyboard?
    That sounds like an even worse idea than tabs for the guitar. ^^

The song also has a drum in it. ;)
  • I can actually listen to the drums and play them on my own. I just need the other parts.
  • edited November 2008
    The progression is very simple. C#-C-C#-C.

The piano does the notes that ring out at the beginning of every eight beats. The "bass" comes in very distorted along with each kick drum. At 2:26 something comes in, possibly guitar, and starts going C#-C-C#-C on every eighth note and drones on through the rest of the song. At 3:00 some synthesized thing comes in. Can't help you there.

Honestly, if you cover this song you're going to be spending most of your time making noise to fit in it than the actual music. The instrumentation is incredibly simple and repetitive, it's the samples and noise that are the meat.

I hope this helps something.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Cool, thanks.