This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Thanksgiving Day Photos'o'Food

edited November 2008 in Everything Else
I do quite a bit of cooking on Thanksgiving, as do more than a few of you I'm sure. Present us with your culinary feats (or failings)!
I'll post pics as soon as the table is all set.

Comments

• My thanksgiving was full of absolutely delicious food, such as home-made sweet rolls:

Truffles made from home-made goat cheese mixed with chocolate and rolled in coco powder. They're made to instantly trigger an out-of-body experience.

A free-range turkey from a local farmer. I didn't think it was that much better than you average turkey, but it was gift, so I'm I'm not complaining.

A delicious sweet potato pie, crust and all made from scratch by my sister ("Welcome home! How's college? Good, now make us some pie.")...

...made of these really freaking huge (newborn baby sized) sweet potatoes that we bought from the farmer's market.

We also had a salad, mashed potatoes, gravy, and stuffing, but you don't need pictures of those. 'Twas a good day for all, and I really wish I could go straight to sleep after eating all of that food instead of staying up to write.
  • It looks like he beat that turkey to death with a fly swatter. Wtf?
  • edited November 2008
    It looks like he beat that turkey to death with a fly swatter. Wtf?
    I imagine it was held in some sort of netted bag at one point.

Wait, I remember, it was wrapped in said bag because we soaked it in brine for two days.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Those sweet potatoes are frightening! I made some homemade fall pasta salad and Rice Krispie treats w/fruity pebbles to take to my friends. Wish I took pictures, but sadly I didn't.