This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cyber Monday

edited December 2008 in Everything Else
How does everyone feel about the tech version of Black Friday? Is anyone planning on ordering something today, and did anyone find some crazy deals on swag?

Comments

• I already bought everything I wanted.
  • I bought all my Christmas gifts from Amazon a couple weeks ago. The last shipment should be arriving today.
  • I've heard of a 90$ DS Lite on Amazon. Sadly US only.
  • Yeah, I wanted to get a DS light, but I figured I'd spend more on my family and just get myself the NERF Longshot.
  • Yeah, I wanted to get a DS light, but I figured I'd spend more on my family and just get myself the NERF Longshot.
    The longshot? Be a man and get the Vulcan EBF-25!
  • Haha, I don't generally go out to buy gifts for people, but when I see something awesome I'll get it. I believe I'm about 1/2 way done with Christmas / Hanukkah / Festivus / Winter-een-mas shopping.
  • edited December 2008
    Yeah, I wanted to get a DS light, but I figured I'd spend more on my family and just get myself the NERF Longshot.
    The longshot? Be a man and get the Vulcan EBF-25!
    Fuck You Scott. The Vulcan and the extra ribbons for it are expensive. Besides, the range diminishes as the batteries get weaker and it has a tendency of getting jammed. For the Longshot, the gun is cheaper, the ammo is cheaper, it doesn't jam, can turn into two guns, needs no batteries, and is easily modifiable to extend the range to 100ft. I only had $150 for Christmas shopping and I'll be damned if I'll spend a dime of it on an inferior gun.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Fuck You Scott. The Vulcan and the extra ribbons for it are expensive. Besides, the range diminishes as the batteries get weaker and it has a tendency of getting jammed. For the Longshot, the gun is cheaper, the ammo is cheaper, it doesn't jam, can turn into two guns, needs no batteries, and is easily modifiable to extend the range to 100ft. I only had $150 for Christmas shopping and I'll be damned if I'll spend a dime of it on an inferior gun.
    Prepping for Humans vs. Zombies?
  • Fuck You Scott. The Vulcan and the extra ribbons for it are expensive. Besides, the range diminishes as the batteries get weaker and it has a tendency of getting jammed. For the Longshot, the gun is cheaper, the ammo is cheaper, it doesn't jam, can turn into two guns, needs no batteries, and is easily modifiable to extend the range to 100ft. I only had $150 for Christmas shopping and I'll be damned if I'll spend a dime of it on an inferior gun.
    Don't tell me the sad reality of kid's toys never being as cool as they are in the commercials!
  • Don't tell me the sad reality of kid's toys never being as cool as they are in the commercials!
    The Monster XL Super Soaker doesn't disappoint.
  • Don't tell me the sad reality of kid's toys never being as cool as they are in the commercials!
    Yeah, but those monster super soakers have to be refilled far too often. The major failing of all super soakers is that none of them ever beat the hose.
  • Yeah, but those monster super soakers have to be refilled far too often. The major failing of all super soakers is that none of them ever beat the hose.
    Yeah, but you already know that when you buy it. Thus, it does not disappoint. And besides, the hose is fixed to a location while your gun isn't.
  • And besides, the hose is fixed to a location while your gun isn't.
    You just need more hose.
    You just need more hose.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

I'd pay a lot of money to have a functioning, not-sucky Nerf minigun.
    You just need more hose.
    Take one from one of those emergency boxes. Those are long.
  • Anyone who is thinking about purchasing an Xbox360 should pick up the cheap Arcade version for $199 and then get the $20GB drive through xbox.com for $20. There is even an Xbox Live Gold offer that includes a 60GB drive. Either way it is cheaper than buying the 60GB model outright.
  • Anyone who is thinking about purchasing an Xbox360 should pick up the cheap Arcade version for $199 and then get the $20GB drive through xbox.com for $20. There is even an Xbox Live Gold offer that includes a 60GB drive. Either way it is cheaper than buying the 60GB model outright.
    Awww...
    Yeah, but those monster super soakers have to be refilled far too often. The major failing of all super soakers is that none of them ever beat the hose.
    I had a "super soaker" that looked a lot like a Ghostbusters Ectopack. It had a hard plastic backpack that held a couple of gallons of water with a long hose and a pump on the end. My Ma wouldn't buy me any toys that resembled guns, so she got me that instead. I ruled the neighborhood.
  • Anyone ever have a capture the flag type game with super soakers? 2 rival neighborhoods would use dye on the water to desonigate the blue and green teams and would plot to sneak into the middle of the neighborhoods to grab some custom flag and return it to the base without getting hit by anything. Damn kids could get a way with a lot back then...