This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

A bad break up.

edited December 2008 in Everything Else

Back in 2003 I had a bad experience with an ex-girlfriend. The same day I jotted down the story and my feelings as a comic strip to be viewed as a gif. I've not looked at it since then but for some reason I thought I'd dig it out. It is quite long, but I'm sure hitting F5 will start it again if you missed the beginning.

Comments

• Jesus christ that's pretty crazy. How old were you?
  • Holy hell.

Your resolution is correct, though; you're both better off without each other. And she sounds like she may need serious professional help. Of course, I'm basing that assessment solely on your .gif.

Still, though, that's pretty crazy.
  • edited December 2008
    I really feel I learned more from my crazy as hell relationships then I did from any "normal" ones.

Oh and I wonder if you’re anything like me... Do you still love her? I know I still love my odd relationship.
    I had a relationship with an A-sexual, bi-polar girl who had a fiancé. I hate drama and god damn was there a lot that year.
    Post edited by Mosquitoboy on
  • Is she okay now? Did she get the help she needed?
  • I had a relationship with an A-sexual, bi-polar girl who had a fiancé. I hate drama and god damn was there a lot that year.
    Did you KNOW that she was bi-polar and had a fiancé going in?
  • Wow, and I though my other relationships were dramatic. Well, it's behind you now and you got a .gif out of it.
  • Yeah, it's a long way behind me. It all went down in September of 2003, so I'd have been 23 at the time. I don't know what help she got or what she is doing now, because I stuck to my promise to myself to never speak to her ever again. I know she got out of hospital five days after. It took me about a year to get over it all. I was mightily screwed up... but I guess that what comes from someone threatening to kill them self if you don't have sex with them, and then once you have sex with them they try to kill them self anyway. Good times!

I didn't only get a gif out of it, but some good songs too. As for the gifs, I think if I posted my old gifs now people would accuse me of ripping off the style of XKCD, or saying it was completely derivative. I just found another I made at about the same time on a happier theme:

• I didn't only get a gif out of it, but some good songs too. As for the gifs, I think if I posted my old gifs now people would accuse me of ripping off the style of XKCD, or saying it was completely derivative. I just found another I made at about the same time on a happier theme:
    How would it be ripping off the style of XKCD? Stick figures existed before XKCD. Also, your gifs are animated, and your stick figures have feet. And the female stick figures have a protruding chest. Hilarious.
  • I didn't only get a gif out of it, but some good songs too. As for the gifs, I think if I posted my old gifs now people would accuse me of ripping off the style of XKCD, or saying it was completely derivative. I just found another I made at about the same time on a happier theme:
    How would it be ripping off the style of XKCD? Stick figures existed before XKCD. Also, your gifs are animated, and your stick figures have feet. And the female stick figures have a protruding chest. Hilarious.
    I'm a big fan of the stick figure breasts. It's a nice touch.
  • I had a relationship with an A-sexual, bi-polar girl who had a fiancé. I hate drama and god damn was there a lot that year.
    Did you KNOW that she was bi-polar and had a fiancé going in?
    Yes I did. I didn't say I was smart back then... Nor did I say the relationship was non harmful to her, even though she did not seem to care of the consequences. She at least seemed to wanted to be with me a lot. Though this may have just been me misreading her, she was very odd after all, and has problems making people upset. Though she was quite clear on other things. *Sigh I donno*

She had never met her fiancé and he was in another country. She promised him she would marry him and would only break it off if he said that he didn’t want to marry her. She was awkwardly submissive and unwilling to cause any pain in relationships while also being very forceful in the same relationships. She was very upset, had very few friends, a bad relationship with her family, and really needed someone to comfort her.
    During the relationship I rationalized that I was helping her and comforting her in times when she needed it. We never had sex, though there was intimacy.

I now just consider it a learning experience and have changed my personality to not let this occur again. I helped her in the short term, though I also caused a lot of pain in the long term.
    It was so very complicated... I doubt I even understood everything going on at the time.
    This is partially why I now have a stance of "NO COMPLEX RELATIONSHIPS, just say what you mean, leave everything out in the open."
  • Um, keep making these.
  • Um, keep making these.
    I agree. I like them a lot.
  • I made quite a few of them back in the day, but like I said, not since 2005.

PS- Psycho bitches = the best sex. Pity other people were having sex with her too.