This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Your spouse's/significant other's biggest flaw

edited December 2008 in Everything Else
My wife is a brilliant, sexy woman. She has a master's degree, juggles state and federal professional certifications with ease, takes ongoing college classes for fun, is a pretty decent cook, looks terrific naked, is extremely nimble-minded, knows most of the answers on Jeopardy! on any given night, loves fart jokes, loves animals, and has impeccable fashion sense.

But right now, her biggest flaw is amazingly transparent: With the release of Britney Spears' latest CD, it's more evident than ever that my awesome wife has a very not-awesome taste in music. She loves upbeat, top-40 girl songs. Britney. Fergie. Pink. Christina Aguilera. Nellie Furtado. Beyonce. Miley Cyrus. Rihanna.

Last night, driving to dinner, she was bouncing around to that new "Womanizer" track, having the time of her life. It's enough to drive a guy insane. Seriously. She dances around and sings. Loudly. It's very cute, but that kind of crap music is enough to stir the fires of murther in my heart.

What's your spouse's/significant other's biggest flaw?

Comments

• Emily is definitely too cute.

That's all I've got.
  • My boyfriend thinks that almost everything is and/or can be a collector's item, in which he saves it all. Through good discussion and debate, I have convinced him a lot of the crap he had was complete junk, and he has gotten rid of good chunk of it.

Currently, he is going through a bunch of stuff like Star Wars plushies from the Burger King kid's meals and is going to put them up on Craig's List.
  • You know, some of our sig. others read this forum. I'm definitely going to agree with Rym, Laura (Your Mom) is definitely too cute. I wish she would stop being so cute, it's distracting.
  • edited December 2008
    You know, some of our sig. others read this forum.
    Coward :D
    Post edited by Jason on
  • If my wife has any flaws, they are far and away outweighed by her willingness to put up with me.
  • She's far too nice.
  • Hey, I like some of those songs. Songs that are stupid but catchy are perfectly okay to like.
    My boyfriend thinks that almost everything is and/or can be a collector's item, in which he saves it all. Through good discussion and debate, I have convinced him a lot of the crap he had was complete junk, and he has gotten rid of good chunk of it.
    Oh God, ditto on that. Except for the convincing him to get rid of it part. There's an entire ROOM in his house full of Star Wars "collectibles".

Mine's easy. Hubris.
  • Man, you guys have it easy. All my girl does is send me restraining orders, and who the hell is that dude???

Better be her cousin.
  • If my wife has any flaws, they are far and away outweighed by her willingness to put up with me.
    Same goes for my girlfriend.
    My boyfriend thinks that almost everything is and/or can be a collector's item, in which he saves it all.
    Oh God, ditto on that.
    I'm guilty of doing that with anything electronic. Not so much for collecting, but because one of these days I'm going to desolder and salvage everything of use for future projects out of all that junk. She isn't thrilled with my tendency to packrat, but she tolerates it, and I love her for that.
  • Mine doesn't exist...
  • edited December 2008
    Classy, Wywy, classy.
    Emily is definitely too cute.
    My boyfriend is so awesome it makes me sick.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • My girlfriend has to have the final say in many things. Unfortunately I also share this flaw. Our friends think we argue a lot, but that is simply emergent behavior. We are both right all the time.

The thing is that I really AM right all the time.
  • My girlfriend has to have the final say in many things. Unfortunately I also share this flaw. Our friends think we argue a lot, but that is simply emergent behavior. We are both right all the time.

The thing is that I really AM right all the time.
    Ha Ha! My boyfriend and I are like this all the time. Whenever this happens we end up playing Paper, Rock, Scissors to decide who is "right" in the end. We also use this to see whoever does various chores and/or gets up to get something when we are lazy on the couch/bed.
  • Lisa and I constantly play-argue over stupid things, then call a third party for verification. Last week, we had to call her mother - a nurse - because we were "arguing" over how many times a day it's normal to poop. Apparently, I was correct: three times a day, usually shortly after meals. Lisa had claimed anything more than twice a day was an indication of terminal illness.
  • Three tines a day?!! I go once a day if I'm lucky.
  • Indecisiveness. She can't/won't make a decision because she it afraid it is the wrong one. For larger things to consider, I don't mind. When she can decide what to eat... that gets annoying.
  • Lisa and I constantly play-argue over stupid things, then call a third party for verification.
    Amelia and I do this a lot, except we're both too persuasive for our own good. After we mull it over for a bit, we come back to the discussion convinced that the other person is right.
    Three tines a day?!! I go once a day if I'm lucky.
    Even with notable amounts of fibre, I average once a day.
  • Mr. MacRoss and I are just as flawed as anyone else, but our flaws usually fit together nicely (one making up for what the other lacks). Mostly, our largest combined flaw is that we would rather spend time together without company goofing around than being separate and productive. That is all about to change. Once I start school, our cuddle fests will die out, and we will have to create super-intense cuddle breaks (like a power nap for intimacy).
  • Once I start school, our cuddle fests will die out, and we will have to create super-intense cuddle breaks (like a power nap for intimacy).
    Isn't the next step just copulating?
    Mine doesn't exist...
    Same here.
    Three tines a day?!! I go once a day if I'm lucky.
    None to twice a day here.
  • edited December 2008
    Once I start school, our cuddle fests will die out, and we will have to create super-intense cuddle breaks (like a power nap for intimacy).
    No, there is cuddling and goofing around with each other, and then there is the cuddling that turns sexy. Two very different cuddles.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Once I start school, our cuddle fests will die out, and we will have to create super-intense cuddle breaks (like a power nap for intimacy).
    No, there is cuddling and goofing around with each other, and then there is the cuddling that turns sexy. Two very different cuddles.
    I cannot imagine an intense form of just cuddling and goofing around. Perhaps cuddling and goofing around at the same time? No... *wanders off*
  • Three tines a day?!! I go once a day if I'm lucky.
    Sounds like someone needs to eat a bran muffin in the morning.

I'm a twice-a-day pooper. I once tried every other day, but that landed me six months in jail for aggravated assault of a plumbing fixture.
  • She chews with her mouth open...
    God, I can't stand that. That'd be a dealbreaker for me.
    Agreed. Chewing with the mouth open and smocking are two things can I can't stand.
    Agreed. Chewing with the mouth open and smocking are two things can I can't stand.
    Yes, puffy shirts/dresses are really a deal breaker. Who do they think they are? Pirates?
  • edited December 2008
    She chews with her mouth open...
    Smocks can be so annoying!
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • Smocks can be so annoying!
    What the fuck? Calvin and Hobbes is great, but what the hell is with that person? There is nothing on his site other than those two images. If that's all you're going to host, why the hell bother with such an anti-leech image?
    She chews with her mouth open...
    . . .
    Never mind that web master.
  • edited December 2008
    How odd, I see the picture here. Maybe it's because it's in my cache?

Edit: Uploading pics to another site, I'll get it working.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • Smocks can be so annoying!
    Bad Joe. Don't do that.