This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Your internet schedule

edited December 2008 in Everything Else
What do you do daily on the internet? My schedule comprises of:

1. Check digg for anything awesome (not likely).
2. Go to the Fun-Motion forums to find new physics games, engines, and demonstration.
3. Go to this forum and read most topics.
4. Go to Rock Paper Shotgun for some gaming news.
5. Check on the puppy cam! They'll be gone soon though.

I'm trying to incorporate these websites into my daily routine because I always seem to forget about them since I'm too lazy to bookmark:
Fark
Jayisgames
Slashdot

What do you guys do daily every day to keep up with your favorite websites?

Comments

• 1. Look at Google reader.
    2. Check my e-mail
    3. look at these forums

It may vary depending on what I find in my e-mail/Google reader, but that's the basic process. Sometimes I'll check up on the sites that don't have an RSS feed, like TIGS or Sinfest.
  • Browse through my home pages, which updates me on Canadian and world news, the lives of my friends, the FRC forums, the coolest and latest electronics hacks, and the few webcomics I still read. I'll also fire up Thunderbird and check my email a few times a day.
  • 1.Check the news with my breakfast
    2.Read the webcomics with my morning tea
    3.Check the forums at work, every 10min or so (I get really bored sometimes)
    4.Check my youtube subscriptions when I get home
    5.Check my E-mail
  • 1. Check email
    2. Check any websites that don't send me email notifications (DeviantArt, mainly).
    3. Check this forum
    4. Do anything I should want to do that day.
  • Well I get home around 2:45 so I'll move from there.

1. Check Dow Jones and screw around with various stocks in GoogleFinance for about 20 mintues
    2. Check Email for 4-5 minutes
    3. Check any podcasts I listen to
    4. Play Medieval 2/ Read /r9k/
    edited December 2008
    1. Look at bottom right corner (of Firefox).
    2. Open Gmail in a tab if there is unread email.
    3. Open Google reader in a tab.
    4. Open these forums in a tab.
    5. Wing it.
    Post edited by ... on
  • 1. Come to work
    2. Internet
    3. Leave work

Internet consists of enough things to keep me occupied for HOURS. Some days I don't get to them all because of work. They include commerce, forums, news, and email. I don't want to go into detail.
    edited December 2008
    Internet consists of enough things to keep me occupied for HOURS. Some days I don't get to them all because of work. They include commerce, forums, news, and email. I don't want to go into detail.
    The internet is pretty endless yeah. And that's only the English part. Also, god, I just went from 209 unread items in Google Reader (190+ were new torrents) to 1038. The new Google Reader design is indeed nice. The lack of Web 2.0 roundness was 'unsettling', but now I'm an avid user, again. I browsed the other new features, more bundles...

Shit. Another funny is the bundle that comes after 'Theology'.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited December 2008
    At work, I have two Firefox windows open. The first has all of my work stuff (CRM system, Knowledge base, Order pages if I need to order parts, etc). The second has gmail, Google Reader, the FRC forums, and Facebook. Facebook is only there because it's the only IM system that isn't blocked by Kodak's corporate proxy.

I also open my ubuntu virtualbox and have that running in seamless mode. Whenever I set up an http proxy I'll ssh to that and be able to IM again. (Yes, I actually use IM/ IRC for work stuff. My supervisor and I are trying to get Kodak to go open source, so I've been futzing with a few CRM solutions. Also, working on linux drivers for our printers, because the dev guy hasn't gotten back to us in a month.)

EDIT: As for my Google Reader, I think I still have 1000+ articles / webcomics to read. There are a lot of cooking blogs, quite a few blogs about Tokyo (fun things to do, et. al.), and a few literary/artistic/techie blogs (also, science blogs).

Basically, I always have something to read, wherever I am. (Yay for the iPhone?)
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • 1. Check Gmail
    2. Mess around in Twitterfox and Blip.fm
    3. Check Google Reader
    4. Go to the Simply Syndicated forums, read and comment
    5. Go to Facebook
    6. Go to the Left Field Cinema forums, read and comment
    7. They used to call this "surfing". Usually involves coming to these forums at some point, reading, and sometimes commenting.
  • edited December 2008
    1. This forum
    2. FRUiTS community
    3. Suffice/twitter
    4. My site
    5. Blogs and such
    6. RSS
    7. Webcomics and whatever.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Man, email is the last thing I check.

1) My roleplaying sites
    2) Youtube (left open in the background)
    3) Emails

Once a week I'll check webcomics, or I'll come here every so often, depending on time and such.
  • I use gtalk so that I'm notified of all my emails upon start up. I only ever open gmail when I know that I have an email to answer, so that's a small thing that I don't have to deal with.
  • 10 Google Reader
    20 Forums
    30 Reddit
    40 GOTO 10
  • 1) I use iGoogle so I can see what the Top 10 stories on Digg are, if I have new e-mail, and what's new on my reader.
    2) Browse the forums
    3) Check my Myspace. Everyone I know uses it so I might as well.
    4) Browse random things.
  • E-Mail, Google Reader, FRC forums, Extralife Forums, Hockey's Future forums, YouTube. Wash, rinse, repeat.
  • Email, webcomics, news sites/blogs, forums. Rinse and repeat.
  • 1. My numerous email accounts
    2. webcomics
    3. torrent tracker sites
    4. forums
    5. Wikipedia for its article of the day
    6. rinse and repeat until I get bored
  • I made it fairly simple on myself. I have two auto load tabs in Safari. I load all my 42 web-comics (yes I know, I'm an addict), and then press my daily tab which loads an assortment of "haha" pic/flash sites, forums (including this one), blogs, and other assorted goodies. Email is set on a local program, so it's always updating, no need to go looking.
  • I made it fairly simple on myself. I have two auto load tabs in Safari. I load all my 42 web-comics (yes I know, I'm an addict), and then press my daily tab which loads an assortment of "haha" pic/flash sites, forums (including this one), blogs, and other assorted goodies. Email is set on a local program, so it's always updating, no need to go looking.
    Sounds like you should be using feeds.