This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Andrew has become a cheesemaker!

2»

Comments

• God, I love cheese makes me want to try my hand at making it.
  • edited December 2008
    So while I was making the cheese, I set up my laptop and made a skype call to Jason so he could watch along to make sure I wasn't a shit-talker. He posted screens here.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • So while I was making the cheese, I set up my laptop and made a skype call to Jason so he could watch along to make sure I wasn't a shit-talker. He posted screenshere.
    I see a new internet-based cooking show - "Cooking with Poison"
  • Andrew's been saying he wanted to make cheese for months. This was a big deal for him. I got a message from him via AIM saying "GET ON SKYPE NOW!" And then there was dancing. Oh sweet Moses, he was dancing!
  • Andrew's been saying he wanted to make cheese for months. This was a big deal for him. I got a message from him via AIM saying "GET ON SKYPE NOW!" And then there was dancing. Oh sweet Moses, he was dancing!
    Did you record it?
  • Looks like all that's needed now is some baguettes and red wine...
  • Looks like all that's needed now is some baguettes and red wine...
    And I wouldn't want to deprive you all of my fresh chèvre, of course.
  • Ohman, that is awesome.

Interestingly enough, cheese is one of those things I have always been content to let others make. I am perfectly happy to pay for my cheese.
  • I'm going to post all the instructions in a blog post as well.
    Please do.
  • So, how did it taste? I need closure on this anecdote!
  • It was actually quite enjoyable. I used it as a spread over some whole wheat bread. I think it would probably be better if I mixed in some herbs, but I just tossed a little olive oil over it and it was great. I recommend you guys try this if you can.
  • You should submit it to Instructables.
  • edited December 2008
    It was actually quite enjoyable. I used it as a spread over some whole wheat bread. I think it would probably be better if I mixed in some herbs, but I just tossed a little olive oil over it and it was great. I recommend you guys try this if you can.
    I'm thinking chives, scallions, or dill. Maybe all of them.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I'm thinking chives, scallions, or dill. Maybe all of them.
    One word: Rosemary.
  • Ground chipotle chili tastes really good in fresh cheese.