This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Unskipable

edited January 2009 in Video Games
So, watching the after-credits portion of the latest ZP, I saw the clip of the new show they're putting up, Unskipable. It's basically MST3k for video game cut scenes. It's got potential, but I think it's best to reserve judgement until more episodes are out. Wht do you guys think?

Comments

• Concept sounds fine. My only worry is that cutscenes may be too short for the MST3k effect to work. In Mystery Science they would throw out as many jokes as they could. Of those, maybe 25% were actually funny, but they hit hard. If there's less time for throw-away jokes, there may be less occurrence of actual funny stuff.
  • It could work excellently for huge "cinematic epics." The unfortunate part is that a lot of gamers consider them Sacred Cows: FFVII, The MGS series, etc.
  • The first show was pretty funny. I was getting a laugh-to-time ratio about as good as ZP. But, the first episode of almost anything is good. THey might run out of funny stuff soon. But for now, it's going into the Google Reader.
  • Nevermind me, this was actually pretty funny.
  • Yeah, this was quality.
  • Good stuff. I would definitely put the humor up there with ZP, though ZP edges it out for being a surprisingly good source for game reviews.
  • ZP edges it out for being a surprisingly good source for game reviews.
    The review of Sonic Unleashed was spot-on and hilarious. Even the DEMO was unplayable shit.