This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Shokotan

edited January 2009 in Everything Else
Man, if I was a dude, or even just a little gayer, I know who my celebrity crush would be.

Nakagawa Shoko aka Shoko-tan

She sings, cosplays, draws old school anime art and likes retro gaming A LOT.
I think she is pretty cool for an idol.

Comments

• I think I maybe I saw her on Kotaku before.
  • Same person, yes?
  • Same person, yes?
    Yes.

Emily, blaaaaa, curls. Also, she's Asian, she probably looks like all other Asian models. :)
  • She looks five. It is a little odd.
  • FIVE??? What? Why?

Japanese people think white people look old...
  • FIVE??? What? Why?

That's because we look old compared to them. They bow, we don't. Let me explain this silly train. You see, Japanese people bow, rapidly as shown in multiple anime. This causes more blood to be forced into their heads due to centrifugal force. This causes their skin (at least in their faces) to stay stretched up. Also, they don't have white skin.
  • FIVE??? What? Why?

She just looks very, very young. Her arms are so very thin, her head is large, her skin looks like a child's, etc. Adam often says that Asian women have three ages: 5, 30, and 80. I can definitely see why Japanese people think white people look old. Compared to them, we do.
  • She just looks very, very young. Her arms are so very thin, her head is large, her skin looks like a child's, etc. Adam often says that Asian women have three ages: 5, 30, and 80. I can definitely see why Japanese people think white people look old. Compared to them, we do.
    Don't be fooled. A lot of them are just really really good at using makeup. When we saw TMR in person he had some kind of makeup job that took off a couple decades.
  • edited January 2009
    She just looks very, very young. Her arms are so very thin, her head is large, her skin looks like a child's, etc. Adam often says that Asian women have three ages: 5, 30, and 80. I can definitely see why Japanese people think white people look old. Compared to them, we do.
    Don't be fooled. A lot of them are just really really good at using makeup. When we saw TMR in person he had some kind of makeup job that took off a couple decades.
    It is just celebs, it is normal people without tons of makeup too.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • When we saw TMR in person he had some kind of makeup job that took off a couple decades.
    Dude, he's only, like, early 30s or something. You saying he looked ten?
  • When we saw TMR in person he had some kind of makeup job that took off a couple decades.
    I'm pretty sure he's 40 something.
    I'm pretty sure he's 40 something.
    Wikipedia says 38.
  • These are awesome.
    FIVE??? What? Why?

You know, Japanese people do look young. My sister has this friend, Yumi. She's 28 but she looks like she's 20 at most, It's crazy.