This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Gizmondo 2?!

GeoGeo
edited January 2009 in Everything Else
I am seriously not making this up. Take a look for yourselves

No Stefan Erikssen, no crashing Ferraris, none of that bullshit. I honestly cannot believe this is happening, I mean haven't they learned their lesson the first time?!

Comments

• What's wrong? It's open, it dual boots Windows CE and Android. It may look a little ugly, but it's ok by me.
  • The big deal about the original Gizmondo was that it was a portable gaming device with GPS and cellular internets and such. The iPhone does all that now. Gizmondo has nothing.
  • Gizmondo has nothing.
    It's got open source.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2009
    The big deal about the original Gizmondo was that it was a portable gaming device with GPS and cellular internets and such. The iPhone does all that now. Gizmondo has nothing.
    I know right? What could they do to advertise it at all? Gizmondo 1 (I guess that's what we have to call it now) pretty much had zero advertising last time around, so what are they going to do now based on their lack of skill in advertising? In my opinion, this sounds like NGage 3.
    It's got open source.
    Yeah, but iUnlock can do that for you...so why buy something which is exactly the same, but can be gotten for a cheaper price?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited January 2009
    so why buy something which is exactly the same[?]
    [It] can be gotten for a cheaper price
    So the iPhone can do everything the Gizmondo can. The iPhone ain't $99.

[Edit] And no one should be talking smack about the N-Gage after the "side talkin'" days. The QD, when not viewed as a gaming system, was a great phone. It looked cool, it had contact organizing features that were way ahead of it's time, and had a pretty good web browsing interface. The second generation N-Gage's biggest roadblock in any sort of success was the failure of the first generation model, as will be the case with the Gizmondo 2.
    Post edited by Sail on