This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

/Facepalm

edited January 2009 in News
By all accounts, I should not be telling anyone what I am about to tell them. However, as an idealistic public servant, I feel as though I am obligated to tell you, the taxpayers of this great nation (and our friends abroad), about a facepalm-worthy failure at the government level.

Today, in a multistate conference call regarding the current Salmonella outbreak, an FDA official relayed to us the reason that the tainted peanut butter evaded notice. Apparently, the FDA was unaware that the Peanut Corporation of America manufactured peanut butter.

The FDA, whose function is to regulate foods throughout the nation, did not know that a PEANUT PRODUCT MANUFACTURER made PEANUT BUTTER.

You can't make that up, seriously.

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Well the FTC didn't know that Credit Default Swaps were being used speculatively, which is right on par if not worse than the above.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • Hey, let's put those same guys in charge of health care.
  • I think this will give Scott his answer about why the FDA doesn't do a better job at regulating fake medicine.
  • I think this will give Scott his answer about why the FDA doesn't do a better job at regulating fake medicine.
    Because they are understaffed and underpaid? Just like most government organizations. The majority of intelligent, competent people can get less stressful jobs where they are paid more in the private sector.
  • Hey, let's put those same guys in charge of health care.
    After careful reflection and serious consideration, I have distilled all of my opinions and feelings into the following: Fuck you you fucking fuck. . . . fucker.
  • TheWhaleShark, that... I... oh forget it, I do not know how to respond to that.
    fucking fuck. . . . fucker.
    What about "Fuck you, you fucker-fucking fuck fucking fucker-fucker"?
  • TheWhaleShark, that... I... oh forget it, I do not know how to respond to that.
    fucking fuck. . . . fucker.
    What about "Fuck you, you fucker-fucking fuck fucking fucker-fucker"?
    For want of a more apt picture.
  • Speaking of fuck, it was FUCK outside today. I'm surprised it wasn't fucking.
  • edited January 2009
    Hey, let's put those same guys in charge of health care.
    After careful reflection and serious consideration, I have distilled all of my opinions and feelings into the following: Fuck you you fucking fuck. . . . fucker.
    Clever.

Interesting how you've distilled all your feelings and opinions without knowing any of my stances on the issue. Single-pay isn't the only universal health care model out there, you know; rather than see government absorb about 15 percent of the American economy, I'd love instead to see an individual health care mandate such as the one proposed by Bill Clinton in 1993.

So fuck that, you fucking cow fucker, with your fucking fuckaholic fuckerness.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Must resist urge to scream "Satsugai!!".
  • edited January 2009

So fuck that, you fucking cow fucker, with your fucking fuckaholic fuckerness.
    Fuck you with a fuckingly fucked fuck, fucked up beyond all fucking fuck, fucko.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • How many fucks could a fucker fuck if a fucker could fucking fuck
  • edited January 2009
    I think this will give Scott his answer about why the FDA doesn't do a better job at regulating fake medicine.
    Because they are understaffed and underpaid? Just like most government organizations. The majority of intelligent, competent people can get less stressful jobs where they are paid more in the private sector.
    Yes, they are indeed underpaid and understaffed. Also, they have far too much to do.

We really need to centralize food protection into one agency, as opposed to having this ridiculous overlap between the USDA and the FDA.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • A facepalm thread and no facepalm pic?

• So fuck that, you fucking cow fucker, with your fucking fuckaholic fuckerness.
    Fuck you with a fuckingly fucked fuck, fucked up beyond all fucking fuck, fucko.
    F-, f-, f-, fuckity fuckity fuckity fuckity fuckity, that's all, fucks!
  • Clever.

Interesting how you've distilled all your feelings and opinions without knowing any of my stances on the issue. Single-pay isn't the only universal health care model out there, you know; rather than see government absorb about 15 percent of the American economy, I'd love instead to see an individual health care mandate such as the one proposed by Bill Clinton in 1993.
    Hey, you do know that I was just fucking around, don't you, you fucker?
  • Hey, you do know that I was just fucking around, don't you, you fucker?
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Er.
  • Must resist urge to scream "Satsugai!!".
    SATSUGAI, SATSUGAI SE-YO!!!!!!!!!!