This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Alphabet Composition Art Challenge

edited February 2009 in Art!
An artist I like/watch (Oddriddle) came up with the idea of doing 26 images with alphabet inspired composition over the course of February. I think it's a fantastic idea and am doing it too! For more of an idea of what an alphabet composition is head over to this post at Oddriddle's LJ. She's also posted up some of her initial sketches and first two letters and they are looking so much better than mine, aha.

Anyway, anyone else want to tag along? We can all post our progress in this thread. :D

Comments

• Hell, I may do this with my 3rd graders next month...
  • That would be so awesome! I'd want to see the results if you did it but that would probably wouldn't be possible. T_T

Should I start posting progress shots or stick with finished images only...?
  • Hey mamath, this is such a cute Idea. Her images are lovely. Andrew Loomis teaches composition like this but only with select letters. This idea should definitely pop some very creative pieces. I have some illustrations that are already taking up my time so I'm not going to be able to do this but I'm looking forward to seeing yours! I wouln't mind seeing progress shots as long as it doesnt hinder your progress! Progress shots are the bombdiggity.