This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Requesting some Graphic Design Skills For a Radio show, as counter-intuitive as that sounds.

edited February 2009 in Everything Else
Well, I need a little help out here. See, I'm co-hosting and producing this radio Show on LSRfm(Leeds Student Radio) on Sundays 10AM, called "The Rundown", a Week in review news sort of show. I can handle the talking and all the buttons(So many buttons!) just fine, but I have absolutely no graphic design skills, and we're looking for a logo for the show page, which we have to have by our show contract or we lose the show.

I've seen the sort of work you guys put out, and so, I'm putting out the big ask - Please, Can I pirate just a small amount of both your time and your drawing/graphical design skills for our logo? I'll provide any information you need, and I'll give the appropriate credits both on the air and on the show page, with links back to your work if you fancy one.

Please?

Comments

• *thumbs up* I need not forget to pirate into this radio broadcast at some point in time. In the meantime, perhaps tell what is the catch phrase for this radio station?
  • *thumbs up* I need not forget to pirate into this radio broadcast at some point in time. In the meantime, perhaps tell what is the catch phrase for this radio station?
    It doesn't really have one - as far as I know, it's just "Leeds Student Radio" - and if you head over to the website, you can listen live, however, it would probably be more convenient to download as a podcast later on - I'll sort you out with the details of that once I know them, but we have been told that it will be on iTunes as soon as they can get it on there.
  • So you need a logo for a show called "The Rundown"? What are you actually giving a rundown on? What's the tone of the show?
  • It's a Week in review news show - if you can imagine the bastard lovechild of The Daily show, The more satirical articles on "The onion", and countdown with Keith Olbermann, you're in the right place. It's talk, we don't play much music, and we try to have a guest host every week.

It's about an hour long, and while we do present the news accurately, we then proceed to satirise, deconstruct, tear apart, and otherwise take the piss out of the news.
    For example, In my show notes, I've just written in a joke about Blizzard raising concerns about Michel Phelps gold-farming in china, right after commenting that the only thing to do with sport that Pot enhances is watching snooker on the telly.

There are a few other segments, such as "Huh?" for the really weird news, and we're looking at a segment that is basically the "Biggest dickhead of the week" award, which is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin.

I'm the co-host and producer, and the primary host is an english bloke called Max Preston. I'll be going by Oz, simply because I want to, and Churba is slightly unwieldy for a memorable radio handle.

We have a show meeting today at ten - If I can't give you any information that you require now, I'll be sure to bring it up then.
  • What about a parody on a logo of another (perhaps local) news station/show/thing, and make said logo look literally 'Rundown'?
  • hrrrmmm....I like it, but I have no skills. I will look around and see what I can find in the way of logos, though, maybe photoshop is the answer.
  • edited February 2009
    Two dudes in the background sprinting towards the camera. The sidewalk is made of newspapers laid flat in a deep perspective starting at the feet of the "hosts" and expanding towards the bottom of the image. The closest paper clearly reads in large type "The Rundown" with a subtittle of "LSRfm 10AM Sundays".

I'd draw it if I had time. :P
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Two dudes in the background sprinting towards the camera. The sidewalk is made of newspapers laid flat in a deep perspective starting at the feet of the "hosts" and expanding towards the bottom of the image. The closest paper clearly reads in large type "The Rundown" with a subtittle of "LSRfm 10AM Sundays".

I'd draw it if I had time. :P
    When I picture that in my head, it looks awesome.