This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I'm leaving.

edited February 2009 in Everything Else
The standard of English around here has slipped as of late, so I have no choice to stop listening to Geeknights and delete my forum account. Here are just a few of the mistakes I've noticed over the last few days:

"alot" - do you mean "a lot" or "allot"? Probably "a lot".
"by product" - do you mean "byproduct"? It's one word.
"your" - maybe you mean "you're".
"noone" - maybe you mean "no one" or "nobody".
"to" - maybe "too"?
"decent" - means "pretty good". I think you mean "descent".
"some how" - do you mean "somehow"?
"it's" - means "it is". If something belongs to an "it" the things is "its". No apostrophe.

Goodbye.

Comments

• Fail troll has failed.
  • Sail.

It's sad to hear you feel that way, Luke. I honestly haven't noticed a lot of those things recently, but I'm sorry you think the ivory tower has lost its sheen. You will be missed.
  • edited February 2009
    Meh. He's leaving over spelling mistakes. Is there anywhere else on the internet you plan on going?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited February 2009
    Leaving a forum because of extremely minor and infrequent grammar infractions is just a little too silly for me to believe. I have a strong feeling that this is a joke or Luke is an idiot. And Luke doesn't seem like an idiot.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited February 2009
    Fail troll has failed.
    Seconded.

If you are actually leaving, good riddance. If someone has to leave over some spelling errors, you're a prick and I'm glad you're gone.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Nah, I'm just taking the piss. I'm off tomorrow but will be back in 4 weeks.
  • Heh, see ya in a month, bro.
  • edited February 2009
    Edit - fuck it. Have fun, luke!

Double edit - To summarize what i previously said more politely - Not everything is exactly as it appears, so think about things. Also, the Internet = Serious business has gotten a little too strong of late. It would be nice to see some other Bonsai Kitten style hoaxes or something.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I thought people on these here were above making dramatic "I'm leaving the forum" threads.
  • I thought people on these here were above making dramatic "I'm leaving the forum" threads.
    Pay attention, you.

You'll be missed, Luke, and a parade will be thrown upon your exultant return!
  • Nah, I'm just taking the piss. I'm off tomorrow but will be back in 4 weeks.
    Are you going on vacation? I'm very jealous of you Euro types with your four week vacations.
  • edited February 2009
    Considering luke is self-employed, the length of his vacation is not quite as relevant to your jealousy of Europeans.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Considering luke is self-employed . . .
    Is he? I guess that would make sense.

I might amend that statement by saying I'm jealous of luke in general because of his talent and his many travels and experiences.
  • edited February 2009
    Am I wrong for saying these leaving thread are pathetic....

Oh yeah, I'm leaving because I'm an attention whore and I am not getting enough of it.

(Yeah right. I love this place. )
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited February 2009
    Nah, I'm just taking the piss. I'm off tomorrow but will be back in 4 weeks.
    Ha, you fooled me, but regardless enjoy your trip
    Post edited by Irascible on