This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Escape from City 17

edited February 2009 in Video Games
I figured this was awesome enough for it's own thread.
q1UPMEmCqZo

Comments

• Says at the end of the video that it wasn't endorsed by valve but I thought it was a commissioned piece, really high quality, though there's that stalker in the train yard that looks much to small.
  • It looked great. I recommend to go to YouTube and watch it in HD. Really surprising how well they could pull it off with no budget at all.
  • I just finished Episode 1, very cool.
  • Shit, this is very impressive.
  • Damn, that's awesome.
  • Pretty damn cool. Machinima and live action. So-weeet.

I've been thinking about half life a lot recently. I drew pictures of Gordon Freeman in my notebook. Its that time.
  • This looks good. I will definitely watch it at home today.
  • So when do we get episode 2? Really, have they filmed it already? Nine need more of that awesome!
    It's that time.
    Will you post pictures? We have a thread for sketches. ;)
  • That was excellent! I'd love to know how they did everything, especially considering they did two episodes for under $500.
  • That was incredible, especially seeing that they had no budget
  • I'd even pay to see that in a cinema, once it was put together and feature-length.
  • I'd even pay to see that in a cinema, once it was put together and feature-length.
    Most definitely.
  • I figured this was awesome enough for it's own thread.
    QFT.

Seriously, If I could, I'd just walk up to these guys and say "You know that movie you made, escape from city 17, part one? Here's a metric shitload of money, do more of that."
  • Who'da thunk it. A game being turned into a film and not sucking.
  • edited February 2009
    Who'da thunk it. A game being turned into a film and not sucking.
    The reason is simple: Fans with great understanding of it are doing it out of dedication to the game, rather than non-fans without understanding trying to exploit a game because of it's popularity.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I believe it to be unrelated property but there is another recent YouTube video called "What's in the box?" which also seems to take place in the Half-Life universe and also has excellent production value. Here's a link because I believe it must be watched in HQ.
  • edited March 2009
    There's already a thread on this but, we thank you for your enthusiasm.
    Post edited by Omnutia on