This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Churba working with Yahtzee in a bar?

edited March 2009 in Everything Else
Is Yahtzee technically chaotic neutral or not?

Is this awesome? Y/Y.

Comments

• Not to contribute to the topic - he's opening a bar in Brisbane with Yug from Australian Gamer and another bloke. Cocktails and videogames, basicly. If I have to go home, then I'll be putting in a resume, that's for sure - the concept for the place sounds brilliant.
  • Brisbane? Do I have to go that far north to get a gaming-themed cocktail? Sheesh. Although, if I did go, I'd be sure to wear, like, 5 hats to out-hat Yahtzee.
  • I'm pretty damn good at Yahtzee, myself. ^_^
  • Sounds like the perfect 21st birthday. Barring that, it would be another good reason to pay Australia a visit.
  • edited March 2009
    If anyone has any Game themed cocktails, I'll pass them on to Yug.

Edit - I should note that in the event they did decide to employ me, Yatzee would be one of my three bosses. I wouldn't be working with him as such, just one of the minions.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Not necessarily videogame related (though it could be argued), but the Pan Galactic Gargle-Blaster.
  • Sounds like the perfect 21st birthday. Barring that, it would be another good reason to pay Australia a visit.
  • Not necessarily videogame related (though it could be argued), but the Pan Galactic Gargle-Blaster.
    Complex, and with a strange amount of permutations - I'll swing by Kobe and see if I can try a few different recipes, I'll use the good one.
  • edited March 2009
    Not to contribute to the topic - he's opening a bar in Brisbane with Yug from Australian Gamer and another bloke. Cocktails and videogames, basicly. If I have to go home, then I'll be putting in a resume, that's for sure - the concept for the place sounds brilliant.
    I guess the other bloke is Matt, the third guy in Game Damage.

Warning, half-hour video. That should be Yahtzee, Yug and Matt in that order on still image before playing:
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I guess the other bloke is Matt, the third guy in Game Damage.
    No, it's not. They(Yug and Yahtzee) Explicitly stated in the Australian gamer podcast that the third person wasn't Matt, but was someone who very few people listening would know.
  • Huh. I just realized that Yatzee and I have the same (or very similar) hat.

Anyways, videogame related drinks. What games have drinks in them, and what good puns/combinations can people think of? I think classic (NES, old PC Games) stylings would be better than more modern stuff.
  • Not sure about ingredients, but I'm sure there is a lot of scope for presentation.

Mario Cocktail: is served in a tall green pipe.
    Yoshi Cocktail: has a small cookie on a stick.
    Metroid: spherical ice cubes.

Hmmm.... I'm all out.
  • Ooh. Spherical ice cubes. I need to do that. Does anyone know where I could find a mold that would allow me to do so? I don't want to have to make my own mold.
  • Ooh. Spherical ice cubes. I need to do that. Does anyone know where I could find a mold that would allow me to do so? I don't want to have to make my own mold.
    MoMA has everything.
  • Huh. I just realized that Yatzee and I have the same (or very similar) hat.
    It's just a trilby

The idea of a bar which has video games without turning into a booze saturated LAN centre is pretty awesome, though I have to wonder how well it will work
  • Mario Cocktail: is served in a tall green pipe.
    The standard 'Mario', red drink in a small shotglasspipe. The 'Red Mushroom', just the 'Mario' only big, served in a tall green pipe. The 'Fire Flower', same as the 'Red Mushroom' only with something spicy added.
    An orange drink with green ice spheres. Then doctor the colours so that when they ice spheres melt, the drink turns either dark red or dark blue. Spherical cubes, oh lol, I typed the same at first, but spherical cubes!

@Irascible, could you for a change end your fucking sentences? And learn to quote will you.
  • An orange drink with green ice spheres. Then doctor the colours so that when they ice spheres melt, the drink turns either dark red or dark blue. Spherical cubes, oh lol, I typed the same at first, but spherical cubes!
    I can only but try.
    The standard 'Mario', red drink in a small shotglasspipe. The 'Red Mushroom', just the 'Mario' only big, served in a tall green pipe. The 'Fire Flower', same as the 'Red Mushroom' only with something spicy added.
    Mario Cocktail: is served in a tall green pipe.
    Yoshi Cocktail: has a small cookie on a stick.
    Cheers Lads, Good suggestions - I'll see what I can do as for recipes for these. The challenge is that I don't want to just have "Oh, It's a Bloody Mary in a Highball, with a mushroom for garnish" - I'm going to actually have some work ahead of me.
  • ET (the game) - a tripple shot of vodka 'n' lime
  • ET (the game) - a tripple shot of vodka 'n' lime
    I feel it would be unfaithful to the theme if I didn't produce the drink in a rush, and then pour it into a hole in New Mexico.
  • I feel it would be unfaithful to the theme if I didn't produce the drink in a rush, and then pour it into a hole in New Mexico.
    Label the glasses for an E.T. New Mexico. Can't help you with recipe ideas though. I don't drink alcohol, so I have no freaking idea what would not taste horrible.
  • I feel it would be unfaithful to the theme if I didn't produce the drink in a rush, and then pour it into a hole in New Mexico.
    Label the glasses for an E.T. New Mexico. Can't help you with recipe ideas though. I don't drink alcohol, so I have no freaking idea what would not taste horrible.
    The E.T. would have to be a saki-bomb style drink. You pour saki/another liquor that is tolerable when mixed with beer, and drop it into a large mug full of beer (which also has a sandy coloring). If it would work, I'd recommend a cranberry drink for the liquor. They mixed cranberry syrup with beer during my sister's wedding as a house cocktail, and the mixture was surprisingly tasty.
  • The E.T. would have to be a saki-bomb style drink. You pour saki/another liquor that is tolerable when mixed with beer, and drop it into a large mug full of beer (which also has a sandy coloring). If it would work, I'd recommend a cranberry drink for the liquor. They mixed cranberry syrup with beer during my sister's wedding as a house cocktail, and the mixture was surprisingly tasty.
    It's the E.T..
    If it tastes good and isn't ridiculously strong, you're most likely doing it wrong.