This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

UT3 Free this Weekend, 12 Bucks afterwards

edited March 2009 in Video Games
So Unreal Tournament 3 is free this weekend (only to play) on Steam, and it seems there's been a price slash as well. I've enjoyed the game the few times I've played, especially the massive Vehicle CTF battles with a bunch of LAN friends. Has anyone picked it up or is anyone planning on doing so now?

Comments

• Free is the right price.
  • The original unreal tournament is the business. What's this lame rip-off?
  • The original unreal tournament is the business. What's this lame rip-off?
    Back in the day I played one of the UT2k demo on Linux for a few weeks, I forget which year. It was one of the only modern fpses on Linux at the time, and it had a mode with pretty good vehicles. It also was one of the first fpses that had the point-capture objective you see in games like TF2 today. It was really easy compared to Tribes and Counter-Strike, but it provided a few weeks of fun. I imagine that this new UT3 will be fun for a weekend, but then I'll be back to QuakeLive.
  • I'm planning on letting it download to see what's up. I've never played any Unreal Tournament game but it doesn't look bad, so what the heck.
  • Don't know about you guys, but I'm having trouble downloading the game since last night, and so does a bunch of other people in the Steam forums. Oh well, Quake Live and World of Goo it is then.
  • Don't know about you guys, but I'm having trouble downloading the game since last night, and so does a bunch of other people in the Steam forums. Oh well, Quake Live and World of Goo it is then.
    I'm having the same problem. However, there's a new Steam update that I just installed that supposedly fixes this.
  • edited March 2009
    Won't download. Epic fail.

Isn't the company that makes Unreal called Epic? Double lol.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I've been waiting for it to download. I started it last night before I went to sleep, about 8 hours later it was around 52% complete. 10 hours in its at 60%. I'm guessing perhaps Valve isn't running this off their servers, or they are just getting hammered.
  • I've just played a few rounds, and it earns a resounding "meh". There's some novelty value in the vehicle designs, and it's pretty to look at, but I can't imagine playing it for more than a weekend.