This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 090311 - Pluto

2»

Comments

• Do people still love Mickey Mouse that much?
    I do. At least I like him a lot more than the newer Disney shit.
    So true. The crap they churn out now... :(
  • edited March 2009
    If anyone's interested, you can download Pokemon Adventures 1-8 here (links to less shoddy websites appreciated). Would anyone like me to start a torrent?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2009
    Well I finished the 3rd volume of Pluto and I gotta say I'm really liking where this series is going. It just keeps getting darker as the acts go on. I'm eagerly awaiting to see what Pluto will finally look like as I imagine he'll look relatively the same but have a completely different style to him (I'm basing that prediction on how Dr. Ochanomizu, Atom, and Uran look). By the way, I really like how Urasawa's portrayal of Uran is precocious and naughty as usual, but her unusually high level and powers of empathy really flesh her out a lot more that I would have expected, so bravo to him for that. Does anyone else have anything to say about this or have any predictions as to what might happen?

Edit: Oh! I just thought of something! I both wonder and shudder to think what Urasawa will do with the Pluto x Uran like/dislike relationship.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I read Volume 4 yesterday and it was great with some amazing and unexpected twists in the story. The series is absolutely amazing so far.
  • I read it all a long time ago, I am buying it. It was an amazing read. Though I think many would not like the ending.
  • I just read the first volume. My mind exploded; this shit is basically perfect.
  • this shit is basically perfect.
    It really is, isn't it? Aside from the story, which is great, it's some of the best comics craft I've ever seen.
  • this shit is basically perfect.
    It really is, isn't it? Aside from the story, which is great, it's some of the best comics craft I've ever seen.
    It is amazing how good it is. I've been rereading/studying in order to improve my comic writing.
  • I just read the chapter with North #2. I have never been moved so close to tears by a manga.
  • I just read the chapter with North #2. I have never been moved so close to tears by a manga.
    I know. ;_;
  • Fuck you, volume 4 with the Professor and the robot dog. Fuck you. I'm literally a puddle of tears.
  • Fuck you, volume 4 with the Professor and the robot dog. Fuck you. I'm literally a puddle of tears.
    I cried a lot at that scene, and then Rym came home and saw me looking at the book and sniffling.
    I cried a lot at that scene, and then Rym came home and saw me looking at the book and sniffling.
    At least that robot dog had a good life :(
  • edited April 2010
    So yeah volume six is basically making me the saddest I've ever been at a comic/manga.
    Post edited by Jordan O. on
  • I am still saddest from Mont Blanc.

He was a friend to all children.
  • Not to mention all those poor orphans raised by Epsilon now have to endure the horror of non-robot-run foster homes. Maybe Bender Bending Rodriguez will adopt/sell them.
  • I am still saddest from Mont Blanc.

He was a friend to all children.
    The pride of Switzerland -- no, of the whole human race!
  • North #2 did it for me in Volume 1.

It was time for their music lesson.
  • North #2 did it for me in Volume 1.

It was time for their music lesson.
    Man, I can just imagine how that part could be translated to anime. I want my Pluto anime so bad :O
  • Need to update Scotts look to shaved head Scott.
  • Need to update Scotts look to shaved head Scott.

That will be our next patreon goal. You can choose from Classic Scott and New Scott.