This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Maths

edited March 2009 in Everything Else
This should help Scott out with his calculus.

drE5cHe6c3s

Comments

• That was pretty funny.
  • edited March 2009
    Post edited by Walker on
  • All of the Look Around You episodes are brilliant.
    Agreed. I saw the one about Iron first and thought it was awesome. Some of the others are less awesome than the others, though.
  • All of the Look Around You episodes are brilliant.
    Agreed. I saw the one about Iron first and thought it was awesome. Some of the others are less awesome than the others, though.
    I like British humor and all, but this is just stupid.
  • I like British humor and all, but this is just stupid.
    Agreed.
  • That was amazing. I didn't even realize it was a joke for a minute or two.
  • That was amazing. I didn't even realize it was a joke for a minute or two.
    That's how I reacted when I first saw the show. They really do a good job of re-creating early 80's educational videos.
    Agreed.
    How so?
  • I like British humor and all, but this is just stupidly awesome!
    Repaired.
    How so?
    You have two colors. Mix too much of one with the other, and nothing interesting happens. Mix just enough of each, and out comes something wonderful, like Monty Python. The "Look Around You" series is what happens when you give the dumb kid in the class all the paints and he just mashes them all together in one big pile of goop. You get some sort of brownish black amalgamation that, while some might find interesting in a "rip the legs off a spider and watch it twitch" sort of way, to most it seems rather bleh.

Monty Python had dry ridiculousness down to a science. I have a feeling this series wanted to replicate that but, in the words of Rym's former co-worker, tried to do too much with it. Monty Python set the line of perfection, and so far I've only seen LoadingReadyRun get close to the line with their How to Talk Like a Pirate Video.
  • edited March 2009
    So it sucks because it isn't Monty Python? Is that the standard you hold everything up to? It certainly isn't at all on the same level, but that doesn't stop it from being amusing and entertaining for the most part. Also, there's plenty of British humour apart from Monty Python that is on the same level of awesome.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Getting into an argument about another person's tastes is just stupid. Don't do it.
  • Getting into an argument about another person's tastes is just stupid. Don't do it.
    I agree. That being said, I love Look Around You.
    No argument is stupid if you can enjoy it. Also, it seemed to me that Sonic was implying that there was more than just his taste involved.
  • Meh, it really isn't that funny, and many of the episodes are extremely dumb. But between "We're using AC and DC power because it's heavy metal" and the fact that I've watched many serious videos like these in my biology and physics classes over the years (and thus enjoy how they're making fun of them), I can't help but loving some of the episodes.
  • edited March 2009
    A decent-res picture of that Periodic Table of the Elements they use.
    The best part is probably on the RHS around water :D
    Post edited by lackofcheese on